first drive of the season

Sounds like my first ride when I installed the 237.  Wow, this it was night and day compared to the ol NA 673.  Even pulling my trailer, in PA I can set the cruise at 65 and not touch a shifter.

Some people don't like a Triplex behind a 237.  I kinda like mine.  You can shift it like a 5 spd if I want, or split a gear on a hill and not loose any speed.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

2 hours ago, davehummell said:

This winter i put in a 260 hp. 673 with a jake and 3.90 air ride rear and double over triplex. Today i took it out to get fuel and run it around a little. Boy do i like that triplex  with that engine the truck is very zippy  i have to put the gps in and see how bad the speedometer is. Boy do you feel the turbo pulling on a hill i wish i had this engine in a couple of macks i use to drive. I spent a lot of time and money this winter but this truck should cruse on the highways now. I wish the cab was a little larger i took my cousin for a ride and he goes about 330 lbs. and he was a little cramped in the cab. As soon as i get the bed sandblasted and painted i'm ready for the shows.

Pics?

Brocky i have broken your heart i put a late model airride rear under the b and it has polished hub pilot aluminum 22.5 rims. I have no preference on rims any kind is ok by me. And i got tired of the straight pipe  I have screwed up hearing and that pipe was hard on me after an hour of driving.

27 minutes ago, davehummell said:

Brocky i have broken your heart i put a late model airride rear under the b and it has polished hub pilot aluminum 22.5 rims. I have no preference on rims any kind is ok by me. And i got tired of the straight pipe  I have screwed up hearing and that pipe was hard on me after an hour of driving.

That’s why you need 2 straight pipes. Should cut down on the noise from that single stack in half 😁. Really cool truck. I think it’s better to upgrade a few parts to make it more drivable. There are plenty on period correct pieces in private collections and museums to look at. The average truck nut can not afford that type of beautiful restoration. So a drivable dog in its work clothes is better than a dog in the scrap pile to me. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I’m in the same boat (financially). I can’t afford to do a primo restoration so my goal is to get my B75 running and driving safely. Then do any other projects such as paint, wiring and all the other things myself as I can afford with what I can afford. The most enjoyable part of this hobby is the tinkering in my opinion and I have many years of tinkering to do on my truck. 

• Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

15 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

That’s why you need 2 straight pipes. Should cut down on the noise from that single stack in half 😁.

Well thats great news 

Got twin pipes that finally turned up last week 

Been waiting a fare while, like 6 months and few false starts to get the made and chromed 

I'm not saying your telling me porkys but I dunno if twin 6 inch pipes is gunna make Mrs Mack any quieter lol

Not sure if I want her quieter lol

Paul

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Well thats great news 

Got twin pipes that finally turned up last week 

Been waiting a fare while, like 6 months and few false starts to get the made and chromed 

I'm not saying your telling me porkys but I dunno if twin 6 inch pipes is gunna make Mrs Mack any quieter lol

Not sure if I want her quieter lol

Paul

She will sound quite nice with dual 6” stacks👍🏻