Awesome Neighborhood Skinflint Shot....

Mack Technician

I waiting for snow to build my annual Cannibal Snowman scene.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

if we had done christmas decorations as a kid, the house would have had bah humbug on it. 

dad was a mailman for 35 years. 

we did not see him between thanksgiving and christmas, he left on 4am the day after thanksgiving and did not come back home until after midnight on christmas. he averaged 20 hour days during that time

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

Ah, the Christmas spirit:

image.thumb.jpeg.262e44caa5c216c4a628e525592070a4.jpeg

Had two rural postal carriers in my family too and in those days you never seen them either during the Christmas season.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

18 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

dad was a postmaster Bob, so his job was even worse than a carriers.

My second uncle up the chain was Postmaster in Puxico, MO for many years, but that was before my time. Once retired he went back to work as a rural carrier and did that well into his 80's. He had a fleet of AMC Ambassador, and IH Scout vehicles with most being RHD until finally hanging it up.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

11 hours ago, tjc transport said:

if we had done christmas decorations as a kid, the house would have had bah humbug on it.  dad was a mailman for 35 years. 

we did not see him between thanksgiving and christmas, he left on 4am the day after thanksgiving and did not come back home until after midnight on christmas. he averaged 20 hour days during that time

Was he still carrying when the Sears catalog went by the wayside? I can't imagine carrying a bag full of those things.

• Like 1

no idea. probably though. he retired in 85. but stopped delivery and went behind the desk in 65, except for when he went out on a fire investigation. besides being postmaster he was also a federal arson investigator. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

• 3 weeks later...