What is this?

2000CL713

Not really sure what this does or how it works. Never had one like this on any of my trucks. Can someone explain how it works and whatnot? Not sure if it's some sort of fuel/water separator but its none of the styles I'm use to.

Thanks

20191111_111303.jpg

Edited by 2000CL713
  • Like 1

new resized.jpg

Not really sure what this does or how it works. Never had one like this on any of my trucks. Can someone explain how it works and whatnot? Not sure if it's some sort of fuel/water separator but its none of the styles I'm use to.
Thanks
20191111_111303.thumb.jpg.57bf7a6d628cae90d3b22501ff79e181.jpg

Coolant filter not sure ...bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, h67st said:

You see, officer, my fuel is red because the bottom of the fuel tank is rusty.

Nice to know good try, now here is your ticket, pay at window 2.  Red is Red rust or not fines  based on capacity

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

1 hour ago, h67st said:

You see, officer, my fuel is red because the bottom of the fuel tank is rusty.

The Officer: You see son them there fuel tanks are Aluminum and they ain't going to rust anytime soon, You say there's rust but I see RED die.

Boy your in a heep of trouble now, so bend over real slow now Ya hear... LOL!

Thanks for info. Reason why I asked is before I'm use to the newer types that are out today. Most have a filter or some sort. They are rather easy to understand. I have never used this type and wanted to make sure. 

None of my Mack's have a fuel water separators. Other then the 2 fuel filters. Never had a problem. 

Now the issue becomes how do I get parts for something that is no longer made lol would like to get a few sight glasses to have on hand incase they brake..... maybe there is a cheaper unit that would be a direct swap for this unit that I can still get parts for?

Again thanks for all the help guys!!

new resized.jpg

Maybe KS can suggest who has parts.  Probably quicker and easier to replace with a "modern " one.  All my  equipment runs water separators because there is always that one chance of an issue that will cause an issue. I can't see losing a day or two and hours spent to fix something the unit would have prevented.  I also run accumulators to pre lube the engines on start up. All I can say is no major failures or issues. I go this way to add service life to my units.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

7 hours ago, 2000CL713 said:

KS?

kscarbel2      He was a Mack man from the best times and has a vast knowledge of parts, suppliers and people. He is THE person for that info.  The Autocar new truck post and most all the trucking news is his from his work association.   Paul 

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

I reckon it will use centrifical force to separate the water etc from the fuel

Fuel floats on water so as it spins the water flow over the side and the fuel will run down 

Just a guess 

Like a centrifical oil filter 

Just clean and reassemble, last for ever and the engine oil stays spotless 

Paul

13 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

I reckon it will use centrifical force to separate the water etc from the fuel

Fuel floats on water so as it spins the water flow over the side and the fuel will run down 

Just a guess 

Like a centrifical oil filter 

Just clean and reassemble, last for ever and the engine oil stays spotless 

Paul

His  and most here have a drain valve on the bottom the balance is sealed. Water molecules are bigger than fuel so the filter and mesh stops them and they settle in the drain cup, kind of like a moisture trap for a shop compressor.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE