SO How does this Happen

fjh

Last week we had /still have a unit in the shop! 2006 c/x ! Needs injectors ! We Order 6 NEW Injectors from Mack ! Wait 4 days to get them ! Finally They come Whoho ! These come in 6 seemingly brand new Bosch Boxes! 

We open these Bosch  boxes to find one brand new injector And 5 old and rusty injectors with the sealing washers and orings stuck to them!???? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN! you can imagine the disappointment to the customer having to wait yet another 4 days  for his unit!

How do 5 old injectors get put on the new shelf ! Were They returned from a dealer trying to pull a fast one? What created this situation? Now I see why  Reman  injectors such AS THEY ARE  come in a sealed bag!  Dam it !!!!

We had this situation happen years ago with a V8 Cam And a cam bushing stuck to it ! Things haven't progressed much in 30 years !

Edited by fjh
  • Sad 2

I see a progression here, just in the complete wrong direction. You'd think they'd at least check to make sure it's the right part, and they should find that when they do that. I guess not, hopefully this is a very unusual case...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

Nasty!............….That cam bushing story is hilarious though!:clap:So was it used injectors or something that sat in water down in Byhalia, Mississippi?

Fred, you catch the diddy I wrote up on the AI post about the CCRS injectors?

Mack Technician    1,079 

REMACK BUYER BEWARE.....( OR AWARE)

Heard a blood curdler this morning. Remack may be suffering from GEA(gray engine amnesia) too?   

Guy goes to a shop in Southern Wi (unconfirmed if it was Mack Dealership), truck is in need of tuning. Its an E-Tech (Pre-CCRS/ASET). Shop sets him up with a new set of remack injectors and some touching up. Truck runs just as bad or worse. Power is poor. Driver checks, fuel consumption is up. EGT's are consistently high. Customer begins a circle pattern of returning to the shop with complaints and failures for nearly 2 years. Over the course of the two years the truck consumes 4 turbos, 2 manifolds and finally cracks a head. Customer takes truck north 2 hours to the Mack dealership and suspect injectors go to the injection shop. Injection shop service man disassembles the injectors and finds the right tip in the wrong injector body. Remack put the right E-Tech tips into the wrong CCRS injector body's and bagged it. The CCRS injector body doesn't have a leakage hole or lower o-ring. The parts man gave the mechanic the right bag and the mechanic unfortunately didn't catch the different injector body configuration.

Mack predicts(page 2 caution) a mismatch would have ruptured the seal at the fuel line connection to injector...…...

SB.pdf 171.53 kB · 9 downloads

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Sad 1

Went for some Cummins parts for all three of my 400 big cams. Parts guy "what kind of truck is it in?"  me  "they are all 1975  AM GENERALs"   parts guy " a what?"    me 1975 AM GENERAL's"      parts guy  "ok. who makes them?"   The parts I wanted were 3 set of rocker cover gasket sets and the air intake can cover seal. Ordered them on line. That seems to be the norm VIN # and sometimes make for even a light bulb.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

5 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Nasty!............….That cam bushing story is hilarious though!:clap:So was it used injectors or something that sat in water down in Byhalia, Mississippi?

Fred, you catch the diddy I wrote up on the AI post about the CCRS injectors?

Mack Technician    1,079 

REMACK BUYER BEWARE.....( OR AWARE)

Heard a blood curdler this morning. Remack may be suffering from GEA(gray engine amnesia) too?   

Guy goes to a shop in Southern Wi (unconfirmed if it was Mack Dealership), truck is in need of tuning. Its an E-Tech (Pre-CCRS/ASET). Shop sets him up with a new set of remack injectors and some touching up. Truck runs just as bad or worse. Power is poor. Driver checks, fuel consumption is up. EGT's are consistently high. Customer begins a circle pattern of returning to the shop with complaints and failures for nearly 2 years. Over the course of the two years the truck consumes 4 turbos, 2 manifolds and finally cracks a head. Customer takes truck north 2 hours to the Mack dealership and suspect injectors go to the injection shop. Injection shop service man disassembles the injectors and finds the right tip in the wrong injector body. Remack put the right E-Tech tips into the wrong CCRS injector body's and bagged it. The CCRS injector body doesn't have a leakage hole or lower o-ring. The parts man gave the mechanic the right bag and the mechanic unfortunately didn't catch the different injector body configuration.

Mack predicts(page 2 caution) a mismatch would have ruptured the seal at the fuel line connection to injector...…...

SB.pdf 171.53 kB · 9 downloads

They were used had the sealing washers stuck to the tips!

Yup saw that post guy had to be some pissed over that deal!

just can’t see in coming cores being mixed in with new shit don’t understand??? How does it happen!????

Edited by fjh

useless Mack more like it, been buying parts there for years, my grandfather and his grandfather bought fleets of trucks there. not they cant get you a lugnut without  a vin and god forbid you mention something older than 2000. oh and you want a pair of MACK mudflaps? nah, you get the generic ones that say Utica truck sales with everyone elses logo on them and a WWW. address

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The Reman center was also on strike along with most all of the parts distribution centers . When orders were placed for parts that were unavailable, Mack would pull the items from dealers willing to give up them up. In the case of the rusty injectors, they were probably installed in an engine and test drove and pulled back out and stuck back in the box only to be sent back to Mack to be sent to the requesting dealer. Sadly it happens. During the strike , my buddy needed some Aset AC 460 injectors and was unable to get them and had to go aftermarket. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mackpro said:

The Reman center was also on strike along with most all of the parts distribution centers . When orders were placed for parts that were unavailable, Mack would pull the items from dealers willing to give up them up. In the case of the rusty injectors, they were probably installed in an engine and test drove and pulled back out and stuck back in the box only to be sent back to Mack to be sent to the requesting dealer. Sadly it happens. During the strike , my buddy needed some Aset AC 460 injectors and was unable to get them and had to go aftermarket. 

Yup we needed A turbo for an MP 10 during the strike there wern't ANY anywhere !  One Dealer Had one here They managed to talk them out of it  However This shit is quickly becoming Extinct too! 

Mack isn't the only one falling short on finding good help. Not sure if I posted these from last year, so maybe a repeat...…. 

I had an issue with a new EUP failing in the first hour after installation. I spent 18-20 hours trying to figure out what I was missing since that was two failures with unusual symptoms (dumping fuel/black smoke) on one hole. After a while I started hole swapping and oscilloscoping the new failed EUP, yup, bad out of box. Little PO'd about the wasted time, ordered another and this one showed up...….. as is...…. not kidding...…..  

1612346417_EUPLiehberrbox.JPG.facdc0c8a5889bb4e1158b9195b472bc.JPG1110318729_EUPLiehberr.JPG.5a999aec512cd05834ccf7ecabf6316c.JPG

Right out of Liehberr's Newport News, VA PDC. Issue I had is it stopped at the dealership and they shipped it through to me. I called them up and had a good long heart to heart and showed the picture to the managers. They told me to send it back, I installed it, gotta move wood at this point. Ran out fine, better than the first one that failed in an hour.    

23 hours ago, 1965 said:

How it happens; my opinion;

majority of people don’t care, they’re at work to make 8hrs. & that’s it. Nobody has pride or cares anymore.

You hit the nail on the head. And i think its all from the unions protecting them. The Quarry i haul out of the loaders are the same way. They want to do as little as possible. They move the fastest when its their break time. And the longer they been there the worst they are.

• Like 1

At out our place we have Union and Salary workers. The union builds it, the salary tests it and does all quality control monitoring via the engineering group. If a junk product leaves this door adjustments are made on the white helmet side first. You don’t let your product quality rest solely on the Union or they’re in control of your future.

• Like 2

Thanks to BULLHEADED !!!!! Cleared it all up for us!

It ALL BECOMES CLEAR NOW !!!!!   SO THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED!:loldude:

http://www.mcall.com/business/mc-biz-mack-trucks-hagerstown-maryland-employees-find-marijuana-20191106-ukaof5x4bfhtramfzle4hd6yhm-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3k-46T2woJyx8IlU-FqaydMqMCDuO0-GK_evtsOHlYhhAky2fuLtYS6b4

Edited by fjh