The large aluminum horizontal shuttered grill/radiator was available on both B-6XX series and B-7XX series. It was for added cooling for larger horsepower engines. I have see the smaller vertical shutters and grill on B-7XX series trucks as well. The easy way to tell the difference between a B-6XX and B-7XX is the fender extensions (behind the fender) and longer hood. Also the cab floor will have a drop pan in the B-7XX series. 

5 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

Here are some parked Mason Dixon B models - I recall reading somewhere that because Mason Dixon had big orders, Mack built custom B models to Mason's specifications - these seem to be similar to the B67 models, short hoods however with the alloy radiator and the straight rear cab wall - whereas I read that usually the B67 had the concave cab and the steel radiator cowl with vertical shutters. And from the pictures it is hard to see what motors were in Mason's B models, possibly not the V8 - 864's, so likely a 6 cyl Mack motor that sat back into the cabin.

I remember seeing a B 67 here in Aust with the concave cab and vertical shutters. I recall the passenger seat was factory cut out like a quarter circle, for the two gear sticks because the engine was set back into the cab, so the gear sticks were further back and so the seat was modified for the gear sticks - the driver of this B67 complained of the tight space, as he changed gears his elbow hit the rear banana cab wall. And somehow this driver, about 6 feet, actually managed to curl up and sleep in the cab.

And the green B model could be a Mason Dixon unit, red paint under the green and same square fuel tanks and red frame

file0038[1].jpg

file0046[1].jpg

file0047[1].jpg

file0049[1].jpg

med_gallery_2_160_27472[1].jpg

med_gallery_2_160_119339[1].jpg

file0048[1].jpg

l have serious doubts that these trucks still exist . this has to be an old photo

Late 1955 dealer spec sheet for 1956 and up.

post32420971913001419219505-vi.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

56 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

Late 1955 dealer spec sheet for 1956 and up.

post32420971913001419219505-vi.jpg

This is an option with a kind of hard nose, like B-81 or 87, not the big aluminium radiator.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

6 hours ago, harrybarbon said:

Here are some parked Mason Dixon B models - I recall reading somewhere that because Mason Dixon had big orders, Mack built custom B models to Mason's specifications - these seem to be similar to the B67 models, short hoods however with the alloy radiator and the straight rear cab wall - whereas I read that usually the B67 had the concave cab and the steel radiator cowl with vertical shutters. And from the pictures it is hard to see what motors were in Mason's B models, possibly not the V8 - 864's, so likely a 6 cyl Mack motor that sat back into the cabin.

I remember seeing a B 67 here in Aust with the concave cab and vertical shutters. I recall the passenger seat was factory cut out like a quarter circle, for the two gear sticks because the engine was set back into the cab, so the gear sticks were further back and so the seat was modified for the gear sticks - the driver of this B67 complained of the tight space, as he changed gears his elbow hit the rear banana cab wall. And somehow this driver, about 6 feet, actually managed to curl up and sleep in the cab.

And the green B model could be a Mason Dixon unit, red paint under the green and same square fuel tanks and red frame

That's a pretty interesting fact. Thanks for sharing on here.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

And most of the heavy rads were painted aluminum from Mack on the 613 and the 615 wide hoods.

PHOTO CREDIT BRAD DUNKIN

b613_1.jpg.97d0b31055b8d078aea3dd64efd50a4c.jpg

_b615_wide_hood_5204.jpg.b7fc2a7e537bdfd0b08d58a2ca581d37.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 years later...