Class Act 1969 Mack

So I had to look up that carrier.   Through a few buyouts that company became JLP transport and they hauled into the Dean Foods Dairy in Huntley,IL where lived when I was a young boy.   They had a fleet of R-models with small sleepers and were always kept very nice.  Always thought they had nice equipment.   

56 minutes ago, Dirtymilkman said:

I think the turbo was considered the muffler. 

I have seen actual tags on turbos before stating a muffling device. My Superliner and B model both have straight pipes and they never seemed to loud to me. No louder at idle than any other truck. I can only hear a little rumble when the window is down cruising down the road. But my Harley is the same way and I know it is loud on the highway, I just don't hear it even with the stereo off. Never been stopped or told I needed to get any machine quieted down, just it sounds good and healthy.

5 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Amazing pic.

Any ideas on those white walls? Paint?

Think paint was used for the whitewalls. Don't remember 20" truck tube type tires offered that way. It does look good!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 41chevy said:

U.S. Royal made new, Bandag did recaps and there was quite a few tire companies that did aftermmarket white walls. They ground a strip about .015 deep in the side wall and did any color you wanted. Was permanent. My uncle had all the tired on his wrecker done including the dolly wheels in about 1967. Still get them for big trucks.

Really nice!

Is that one your uncle's WS?

So if they did a notch in the sidewall what would you use of modern materials to fill into if you do it yourself? Seems like not a big trouble to cut sich strip.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

12 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Really nice!

Is that one your uncle's WS?

So if they did a notch in the sidewall what would you use of modern materials to fill into if you do it yourself? Seems like not a big trouble to cut sich strip.

My uncles was a 1966 C60 Chevy with an Ortez Wrecker body on it. Those trucks were at a new truck trade show a number of years ago.

The color they put it to groves is a thin liquid RTV .

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE