2 minutes ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

I sure do hate the thought of the white superdog getting picked clean.

That one came with the rear end messed up, that’s how it ended up in the yard to begin with... the owner kinda likes the thing, he just doesn’t have the time or reason to put it back on the road at the moment, he had it running a few years ago... that’s one of the few where if someone needs a piece off it then as long it’s not something important he’ll let you have it, but leave it in one piece for the most part. He’s got other Superdog parts in his back lot if anybody wants stuff like that...

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

I like seeing donors picked clean. It simply means others will have a further chance at living.

That’s the owners mentality, he basically tells a few guys he knows to come get what they can off it because he doesn’t want to waste anything still good on it... especially if someone needs it!

3 minutes ago, CaptainCrutch said:

That’s the owners mentality, he basically tells a few guys he knows to come get what they can off it because he doesn’t want to waste anything still good on it... especially if someone needs it!

When I'm done with something, or it's nothing I can use, it usually finds someone that can get further use of it even if small parts. I've donated a lot of chassis' to friends rather than run them over the scales; even when the price of scrap was nuts. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Seems the biggest problem with most of those cool yards is everybody that needs that stuff is usually way far away and nobody has time to break away and travel that far to bad i’m sure he could sell everything in there if he was closer to most of us... bob

12 minutes ago, mowerman said:

Seems the biggest problem with most of those cool yards is everybody that needs that stuff is usually way far away and nobody has time to break away and travel that far to bad i’m sure he could sell everything in there if he was closer to most of us... bob

Nice part of the country. Great food. Might be worth a trip after the wuhan clears out.

34 minutes ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

Nice part of the country. Great food. Might be worth a trip after the wuhan clears out.

Just stay away from the DC area and Baltimore, then you should be alright...

39 minutes ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

That one looks complete enough to restore.

Not really, frame on the officer side is bent up right around the motor, he’s keeping the engine and trans for a rollback he’s building, he’s putting the rear end and drive shaft for his collection of those parts in case people need them, the body is all rusted through you just can’t see it because I’m good at hiding just enough to make it look nice in the pictures... It’d need a lot to restore... like, you’d need an entire other truck just to restore this one, only thing I can think of is maybe somebody could hack up some of the front metal for replacement panels to weld on an F cab (I learned today trying to rip that big chrome front off that it’s basically an F cab with the old grill covered up, I always thought it was just a different cab with the top half of an R model used)... and if you were to go through that trouble you might be able to get just a few more things off of it... the pump was also all rusted through and I got what I could off it which was just a few valves... what’s left that’s nice on that truck you’d have to destroy to get it off thanks to all the rust... we cracked the one windshield trying to get it off because of how bad the thing was...

On 3/22/2020 at 12:35 AM, mowerman said:

But yes I grew up back there and I really miss green grass and amazing food ha ha Ha especially the green grass we actually have quite a good selection of restaurants around me.....bob

Come to Epping when this  crap clears and come in with me when I run my new nostalgia  funnycar, I have room in Maine for you and the wife to stay over for a week or so if you want. Than hit the truck junk yard.

On 3/21/2020 at 11:10 PM, CaptainCrutch said:

Think he has 3 of 4 B cabs and a pair of doors?  Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 3/21/2020 at 12:28 AM, CaptainCrutch said:

Absolutely, and he’s fine with letting people who are interested din them climb all over them and take what they want... including parts! He’s got a ton of trucks lying around... go see them while they’re there! I know if it was up to me atleast one those Ultraliners would be making its way to my barn right now if it sousing already be there... I can only imagine someone else with more cash has the same idea...

Thanks, Maybe after this virus thing I will take a trip. Do you know if they are opened Sundays?

40 minutes ago, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Thanks, Maybe after this virus thing I will take a trip. Do you know if they are opened Sundays?

That’s the only day they’re not open unfortunately... their hours are 8-4 during the week, and 8-12 on Saturdays, but they usually stay a little later chatting away...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ditchdiggerjcf said:

That superdog calls to me. I know where one is sitting sans hood

I’ve been told it was a test mule. Basically a tandem Superliner 2 with Superliner 1 body panels. If you want it, be sure to bring some hedge trimmers...

1 hour ago, CaptainCrutch said:

I’ve been told it was a test mule. Basically a tandem Superliner 2 with Superliner 1 body panels. If you want it, be sure to bring some hedge trimmers...

Is the RW tandem? Looked like a single axle on the pics you posted. Or the 2nd axle was just grown into the weeds?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012