Mack Ultra-Liner Day Cab

I think I'd seen that truck at Tidewater Mack back in 86, or 87 while I was in the Navy. Either that or a "spitting image" as the color layout was the same. Did not get close to it but I think it was in for service. What caught my eye was the Dayton wheels on the front as most were "Budd" at the time.

UPS was full of MH series at the time too.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

11 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Most likely a T2050 5-speed with a 0.60 overdrive top gear.

As many times as I saw that truck in operation, it is painful to see it now in this state of disrepair.

That MH Ultra-Liner is as modern as any truck today.

never even thought of that trans, got any idea what year the truck is?    terry:MackLogo:

Should have looked at the transmission when I was standing right there!

The T2050 5 spd with .60 over would give an overall ratio of 3.192 in conjunction with the 5.32 rear gear.  That wouldn't be too user friendly.

The T2090 9 spd with .71 OD would be 3.77 overall and the T2100 10 spd with .77 OD would be 4.09 overall.  Either wouldn't be too bad doing interplant deliveries. 

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Isn't that unit on loan to Mack? I recall a threat on saving it here a few years ago.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

3 hours ago, j hancock said:

Should have looked at the transmission when I was standing right there!

The T2050 5 spd with .60 over would give an overall ratio of 3.192 in conjunction with the 5.32 rear gear.  That wouldn't be too user friendly.

The T2090 9 spd with .71 OD would be 3.77 overall and the T2100 10 spd with .77 OD would be 4.09 overall.  Either wouldn't be too bad doing interplant deliveries. 

You are right of course, the T2090 had a .71 overdrive........not .60

My 83 Cruiseliner has 5.73 ratio with a .62 overdrive TR1070 in it on 22.5s. Does 72 mph at 2100 rpm.  I was running it to Pa every week couple of summers ago. Even with the E9 it still did 6.1 mpg

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

On 6/27/2019 at 3:38 PM, 41chevy said:

Isn't that unit on loan to Mack? I recall a threat on saving it here a few years ago.

Yes. That MH is owned by a couple of Big Mack collectors from Canada. 

They are on this forum. 

8 hours ago, bbigrig said:

Yes. That MH is owned by a couple of Big Mack collectors from Canada. 

They are on this forum. 

Can't find the thread on it but it was an interesting story how it was saved.     Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On 6/30/2019 at 4:09 PM, 41chevy said:

Can't find the thread on it but it was an interesting story how it was saved.     Paul

From what I remember (which don't mean much) that truck came up for sale in the states by owner at the time. The ad was posted by a BMT member that the truck needed to be saved. Fullfuel (the Malo family) from Joliette Quebec stepped up and saved it. They are huge Mack collectors here in Canada. One of their trucks is about to be featured on next year's Mack Calendar.

• Like 2