would have liked to have been there  but spent my day pulling the motor out of my zero turn . damn thing is leaking oil out the side at about a quart an hour. looks like the pan gasket blew a hole right behind the filter base . this is going to turn into a project for sure :pat:

2 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

lots of nice truck there.amazes me that I know I walked and walked and walked and then someone posts a pic of a truck I never seen at the show. I have a gabbing problem when I walk around..... left my wife at the truck and came back a few times and hour or two later only to tell her I was just twenty feet away...….

Same here.   We walked forever and then watching the parade leave we see truck we never saw.  

Edited by Hobert62

I agree about missing some trucks at Macungie. I walked from Thursday evening till noon Saturday and also see pics of trucks I never saw. Carl, think you are still just going to drive the H a little bit after it is finished? I figure this first trip to Macungie just blew that idea! We'll be racing to see who gets there first. FYI - 460 miles back (including back country to avoid the jam up on I-78 west bound), made it in 7 hours 50 minutes. Not bad for old man in an old truck. There was more than one person wondered what blew past in the hammer lane!

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 8:49 PM, h67st said:

I finally made it to Macungie for the first time, what a great show! Some really beautiful trucks here. Here's an RD800 glider kit, I'll bet there was a lot of salivating over this one.

37.jpg

It is now about 15 miles from my house where it will "morph" into a tandem and go back to work!  Merc is a talented guy.

1 hour ago, Maddog13407 said:

actual glider I believe. there wasn't a single hole drilled in the frame behind the cab. would almost be a shame to build it now. should go into the Mack Museum so Volvo can see ''what use to be done''

Well on the positive side the beautiful DM-800 single axle dump parked on front row (gray/blue/black) is Merc's most recent job.  This glider will be done the right way for sure.

14 hours ago, fuzzy buzzard said:

I agree about missing some trucks at Macungie. I walked from Thursday evening till noon Saturday and also see pics of trucks I never saw. Carl, think you are still just going to drive the H a little bit after it is finished? I figure this first trip to Macungie just blew that idea! We'll be racing to see who gets there first. FYI - 460 miles back (including back country to avoid the jam up on I-78 west bound), made it in 7 hours 50 minutes. Not bad for old man in an old truck. There was more than one person wondered what blew past in the hammer lane!

On the way home I was running with that maroon GMC Cannonball with a 4-71 or 6-71 and straight pipes...he was moving right along for an old truck. Did you take the PA turnpike? Those tunnels look like they would be hairy for an old truck.