Mack Trucks Historical Museum WVIA Short Take Promotional video

Yes it's  a great video, only one correction for Doug

Mack just didnt shape America it shaped the world even in countries they never sold trucks in Mack changed 

Mack set bench marks on reliability and performance that other manufacturers around the world had to try and match 

Are the trucks in the museum owned by the museum or on loan, would be great to come over and have a look one day 

Paul 

• Like 2

Paul, 

Do NOT quote me but I THINK it is about 50/50 maybe 70/30 in favor of loaner trucks??? Hopefully someone will have a better answer..

Maybe some year you and the Princess can make it up to the Macungie show.

• Like 1

Brocky

Most of the trucks in the museum are owned by the museum. There are several trucks are loan at a time for the specific exhibits. Ron’s ED I there and Matt Landis’ DM,   There are several Macks owned by the museum at American On Wheels and there are a few fire trucks stored at Schuylkill Historical Fire Society.  All of these are worth a visit.   Mike. 

Edited by yarnall

On 5/5/2019 at 9:51 AM, Brocky said:

Paul, 

Do NOT quote me but I THINK it is about 50/50 maybe 70/30 in favor of loaner trucks??? Hopefully someone will have a better answer..

Maybe some year you and the Princess can make it up to the Macungie show.

I want to Mrs Mack and the Princess to Newzealnd for 12 months or so in the next couple of years

And I  have also mentioned the idea of putting Mrs Mack on the boat to the US and Canada for a couple of years 

The Princess hasnt said no, then again she hasnt exactly said yes either lol

But it NZ is doable as is the US, not sure about driving in the US with a RHD truck though

Paul 

• Like 1

I am taking my wife to the Museum next month while we are RVing and wanted to know if anyone knows if Mack still offers their assembly plant tour? I attended Mack diesel school in Allentown way back in 1972 but went into driving instead which didn't make my boss at the time happy as he paid for the school. I even have a 1,000,000 mile plaque from Mack Trucks for driving a Mack. I know a lot of manufacturers have stopped public tours but it sure would be great if they did. Maybe a phone number for them would help me. Thanks fellow "dogs".

19 hours ago, navypoppop said:

if Mack still offers their assembly plant tour?

The Macungie facility has been typically open to visitors the Saturday of the ATCA National Show (Father's Day Weekend).  Folks can walk through but the assembly line is stopped and no work is done during this time.

I do know companies that have purchased Mack trucks and made arrangements to view their vehicles being built.  In general, the floor is open just to employees.  That is the way it works last I knew.

Congratulations on your Million Mile Award!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.