1969 Brockway

h67st

least he could have done was remove the original owners name, who also has a few pieces listed on the same page. 

real slap in the face type deal, listing it for sale for what i bet is a heck of A LOT more than paid for. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

9 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

real slap in the face type deal, listing it for sale for what i bet is a heck of A LOT more than paid for. 

I dunno about that, if the bloke can make a handy dollar out of it for doing stuff all then I feel good luck to him

A couple of things to consider, 

Original owner may not of cared about the dollarsand just wanted it gone

If you see the opportunity to make a dollar why shouldn't you take it

What the seller wants and what they get are very different most times

Paul 

Not the first rodeo by the seller whom really has little to do with trucks or trucking. Third party really with a "Ka Ching"! In his ears. 

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

7 hours ago, Rob said:

Not the first rodeo by the seller whom really has little to do with trucks or trucking. Third party really with a "Ka Ching"! In his ears. 

Are you saying Frank Malatesta has nothing to do with trucks or trucking?  

• Like 1

If it's the gent I'm thinking of he is a resaler. I don't know him at all, just seen several overpriced trucks, (my opinion) through the years with that name in the advertisement.

Edit:

A simple google search of his name reveals he owns "Horseless Carriage" of which I know you are quite familiar. I suppose I am in error with my comment of having nothing to do with trucking.

Edited by Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

correct, Frank senior is/was a very large exotic auto transporter based out of Paterson NJ. ya really can't mis his place, with the advertising on the side of the building and old transporter up on the roof.

but since he is in late 80's early 90's, i would assume it is his son with the listings. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

May I add a light heart comment to the mix, Malatesta is an Italian surname, not uncommon, and the translation is something like Sickhead, (please that it is an "S") Sorehead or Headache, being Mala is Sick/Sore and Testa is head. I student at my primary school was Tony Malatesta.

That would be a fair assumption as it is a nice candidate for restoration. Might have the asking price in it once complete or a little more dependent upon depth undertaken.

• Like 1

Looks to be a "flipper".  Buy and try to sell at large profit.

I watched this transpire just a few weeks ago with a friend.  He sold at local car auction a very nice clone '69 Boss 302.  He got $30K, which he was happy with.   I see it posted on FB two days later.  A fellow I'm friends with(don't know personally) has it for $42K!!!  Don't know if he will sell it at that price?  I'm sure he'll make a few bucks.  Even $1K is a nice profit for not much "work".

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"