Jump to content

They knew over 100 years ago


kscarbel2
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, grayhair said:

Ah yes, but we are so much smarter now.  Rather than burning tons of coal we are instead producing tons of radioactive waste some of which will remain radioactive for 300 000 years.  Of course that doesn't matter either what with Fukushima still gradually poisoning the ocean 7 years after the original debacle.   Because there are people greedy enough (GE) and stupid enough (GE) to build nuclear reactors on geological faults our fate is pretty much sealed.  Somebody please correct me and say it ain't so.

You are 5,000 percent correct !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So pass stiff laws that only Wind, Solar and Geo thermal are legal, bankrupt and jail any abuse of the law. Worked fine 250 years ago  Problem solved.

  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

¬†‚ÄúLife‚Äôs journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‚ÄėHoly shit, what a ride!‚Äô‚ÄĚ

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there were easy options we would take them but unfortunately any option we take makes life harder and or shorter for another human. Quit generating electricity and we have a smorgasbord of problems that follow. Deaths from no a/c, no way to refrigerate food or medicine, industry jobs can only be done in daylight hours. Quit using pesticides and fertilizer and we go back to 60-80 bushel an acre corn instead of over 300 bushels an acre (that goes for all crops, different yield but just as drastic  drops) so half the world or more will starve out. I see the concern but I don’t see any fair to decide who should go without which comfort. We all want food, electricity l, medicine etc and I don’t see any viable way to make real change without drastically dropping the world population by taking any of these things away. 

  • Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, HeavyGunner said:

If there were easy options we would take them but unfortunately any option we take makes life harder and or shorter for another human. Quit generating electricity and we have a smorgasbord of problems that follow. Deaths from no a/c, no way to refrigerate food or medicine, industry jobs can only be done in daylight hours. Quit using pesticides and fertilizer and we go back to 60-80 bushel an acre corn instead of over 300 bushels an acre (that goes for all crops, different yield but just as drastic  drops) so half the world or more will starve out. I see the concern but I don’t see any fair to decide who should go without which comfort. We all want food, electricity l, medicine etc and I don’t see any viable way to make real change without drastically dropping the world population by taking any of these things away. 

We could get rid of the Middle East. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the human race is a invasive species that has taken over the planet and over populated. at some point the earth will balance itself out by wiping the majority if not all of us off the planet. the simple fact is no mater what you do the earth cannot support the population of the human race. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

All things considered we have enough naturally occurring energy beneath our feet to wipe the slate clean tomorrow.

Google search ‚Äú1815, the year there was no summer‚ÄĚ. There was a spontaneous minor ice age 200 years ago. If Tambora was a fuzz bigger we may not be having this conversation. Pennsylvania had¬†ice on the rivers in August.¬†

I like To remind myself the worse that can happen is i die......which was going to happen anyway. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, grayhair said:

Ah yes, but we are so much smarter now.  Rather than burning tons of coal we are instead producing tons of radioactive waste some of which will remain radioactive for 300 000 years.  Of course that doesn't matter either what with Fukushima still gradually poisoning the ocean 7 years after the original debacle.   Because there are people greedy enough (GE) and stupid enough (GE) to build nuclear reactors on geological faults our fate is pretty much sealed.  Somebody please correct me and say it ain't so.

The Generators and reactor units were designed by G. E.. Fuji Heavy Industries, Tokyo Electric Light, International Nuclear Energy Development of Japan Co., Ltd, Innovation Network Corporation of Japan and the MAI Consortium LTD built and maintained it. Kind of tough to blame G.E. for it IMO.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

¬†‚ÄúLife‚Äôs journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‚ÄėHoly shit, what a ride!‚Äô‚ÄĚ

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Long Pig!!!! Lol

Maybe I should pre-sell my carcass to them for $500 since I’m absolutely unprepared for an apocalypse. May as well enjoy the cash now? 

Few probably know what it is.

  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

¬†‚ÄúLife‚Äôs journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‚ÄėHoly shit, what a ride!‚Äô‚ÄĚ

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ezrider said:

the human race is a invasive species that has taken over the planet and over populated. at some point the earth will balance itself out by wiping the majority if not all of us off the planet. the simple fact is no mater what you do the earth cannot support the population of the human race. 

True. The bottom line is too many people that want too much stuff.

And regulating the population isn't going to happen. No country wants to be weak by having too few people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, 41chevy said:

 

As I recall Oblama and teamstergrrl had it all laid out for use with 100% solar and wind with zero Fossil fuel usage and even had the food issues worked out by using long pork as the staple.

My post was sarcastic about outlawing it. Just seems the people who advocate and push the sins of carbon based fuel are also the ones who do not live by example or offer viable affordable alternatives. If someone is going to preach  the sins of carbon based fuel they best be dressed in all plant fiber except for the fish head sandals  and walking or riding an all natural bit of transportation, live with not utilities, heating or cooling unless it is natural

I knew you were being sarcastic I just wanted to put out the reality of things. Either we quit progressing as a society which will result in a massive die from starvation and disease or we try and manage pollution the best we can. Nothing peeves me off more than the hypocrite protester. Protest oil drilling then walk back to your car with your plastic water bottle and drive home, protest logging sites or gravel pits then have the gall to use the highways to drive to their homesite. Like I said there are no simple solutions. 

  • Like 2

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Phase 1 said:

True. The bottom line is too many people that want too much stuff.

And regulating the population isn't going to happen. No country wants to be weak by having too few people.

Population control won't/shouldn't happen. It goes against human nature. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feminist’s and socialist’s in US managed to kill off >45 million American Citizens with abortion since the 70’s. US is a step ahead of many countries in murdering its citizenship. Disproportionate number black, so they also managed to pulled off an ethnic cleansing, legally. 

Edited by Mack Technician
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...