power divider dash switch

2000CL713

in need of a new power divider switch that goes on the dash. been 3 weeks. 2 different dealers and no one knows what im talking about nor can fine a part number so they can order one. when they run the vin they cant find it either. 

does anyone know the part number? not sure if they changed between years but my truck is a 2000 CL713 

thanks 

new resized.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mack Technician said:

Did you not have a system in your truck originally?

yes it did. from the factory but the 2 mack dealers around me are dual dealers and they both are garbage. i have posted about them before not being able to get parts. all they want to do is sell volvo stuff. older mack stuff is like a foreign language to them. im at the point where i want to sell my macks and buy a diff brand bc getting parts when i need them is becoming a BIG problem. i cant be waiting weeks or months for stuff bc of their stupidity.  

new resized.jpg

19 minutes ago, terry said:

might be different switch, but would do the same thing, can you post a pic of yours?   terry:D

im out of town right now. ill see if i can fine a picture on google. true it does the same but i have no place to mount a which like that since my dash isnt setup for it. that looks like it came out of a RD or maybe a superline? 

new resized.jpg

1 minute ago, 2000CL713 said:

im out of town right now. ill see if i can fine a picture on google. true i does the same but i have no place to mount a which like that since my dash isnt setup for it. that looks like it came out of a RD or maybe a superline? 

Some of the older switches were the same, but with a round faceplate.    terry:D

Maybe try Peterbilt for your Mack parts?  Here is a used one on ebay that looks like yours. 

Since Volvo doesn't want to make their customer happy, buy the part from PACCAR.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peterbilt-3200-2E-59C-Power-Divider-Airolectric-Switch-FREE-SHIPPING/282760070274?hash=item41d5d04482:g:o0MAAOSwjodaJZJ3&vxp=mtr

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

1 minute ago, j hancock said:

Maybe try Peterbilt for your Mack parts?  Here is a used one on ebay that looks like yours. 

Since Volvo doesn't want to make their customer happy, buy the part from PACCAR.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Peterbilt-3200-2E-59C-Power-Divider-Airolectric-Switch-FREE-SHIPPING/282760070274?hash=item41d5d04482:g:o0MAAOSwjodaJZJ3&vxp=mtr

no lie. i was looking into buying peterbilts lol but as for the switch in my search they have a few different kinds but they look the same on the outside but the backs are different. 

new resized.jpg

10-4 

Velvac has a couple of listings.  032231 or 032227  primarily Mack

032229  or 032225  primarily Volvo

Maybe this will help narrow the search?

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Brick and mortar doesnt mean much anymore, really is a mail order world. I’d find a dealership I like within the lower 48 and make them my go to on all small ticket ltems like that switch. Or just go to PAI, as we do, for 80% of the parts we buy. They stock plenty of old school components. 

Did you get a PAI log on set up last time out?

7 hours ago, Mack Technician said:

Brick and mortar doesnt mean much anymore, really is a mail order world. I’d find a dealership I like within the lower 48 and make them my go to on all small ticket ltems like that switch. Or just go to PAI, as we do, for 80% of the parts we buy. They stock plenty of old school components. 

Did you get a PAI log on set up last time out?

the best mack dealer i have dealt with since 06 is the one mackpro works for. they know there shit and no BS but i hate to bother him all the time bc he seems like a busy man and i would need everything shipped to FL. 

and yes i did setup an account with PAI but i would need the right part number to look up to see if they have so i could order it from them. 

• Like 1

new resized.jpg

17 hours ago, 2000CL713 said:

no i have not. whats the best way to contact him?

Contact info at the bottom of the main page or send him a private message.  Best is to call the number listed, ask for Barry, and explain your issue.

There is also a link to their site in the Market Place area of the forum.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

16 minutes ago, Moparmike said:

I got 1 off eBay for bout 20.00 shipped I believe..

yea. they have few diff ones on ebay. just not sure which i need so i can order one before i get back in town so my truck isnt down. i only have one day a week to work on my truck if it needs anything and its on sundays and most places are closed so i need to have the part waiting for me to be installed without a problem on sunday. 

new resized.jpg

5 hours ago, 2000CL713 said:

the best mack dealer i have dealt with since 06 is the one mackpro works for. they know there shit and no BS but i hate to bother him all the time bc he seems like a busy man and i would need everything shipped to FL. 

and yes i did setup an account with PAI but i would need the right part number to look up to see if they have so i could order it from them. 

If the parts guys are 1/2 as involved as MPro you’ve got quite a team! Sounds like a good organization.

Build a parts portfolio on the units your dedicated to maintaining. If you walk into a dealership with a brick of printer paper and say “please” most will accommodate. Also helps to bring pizzas and pepsi for the parts guy. Do it with the night shift guys since they are typically slower work flow and generally underappreciated. If you buy parts from them they will love you for it....much better to receive a caller with solid part numbers than rack their own brain trying to figure out what your describing over the phone. That’s what I did and it works out well for everybody.

Not sure how Mack “Impact” is these days, but I have a free Volvo log-in for “prosis” and a free “lidos” program. Parts is no trade secret, they give that stuff up freely and willingly to get it into your hand. 

Does anybody have a customer Impact log-in? Are they giving it out? If Volvo does I would think Mack would?

Edited by Mack Technician