Help Identifying B Model Dash Switch

IMG_0776.thumb.jpg.c24947e422c9f6844a8836e8330d5626.jpg

So I am in the process of restoring the dash on my 58' B Model.  I had all the original switches on my truck and what I thought was a toggle switch someone added.  After searching the internet, I've come to the conclusion that the hole is original, but the toggle switch was not.  I have not been able to read what the switch actually is in the pictures that I found.  The only thing I can think of is for the defrosters.  Can anyone shed light on what switch was in the hole circled in yellow?

My mixer has an after market 4 way flasher switch in that spot.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It might be for a Fuel tank indicator switch. My B-42 had one in that spot to switch the sender indication from Left, Right and Aux. I left it in place and put new senders in each tank to check them while running, since it was all there and wired for it. I re-plumbed the tanks and deleted the separate floor valve when I converted it to diesel.

My truck has Heater switch in one hole, Defroster switch in the other(can't say which side is which without looking in truck).  Both are pull switches, with two settings, HI and Lo.  The defroster switch is a black plastic knob with defroster written in white.  The Heater is a white knob with heater in black letters.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

3 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

You mean those tanks aren't for a bleach/water solution to aid in smokey burnouts?

Actually filed with used fryolator oil for smokey burnouts just like I used to do with my 65 impala after work at the York Steak House when I was 16

• Like 2

On 2/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, 66dc75 said:

It never fails, at every truck show least 3-4 people stop and try to figure out what the tanks in front of the wheels are.

IMAG0135-3.jpg

Two of grandma's harvest trucks had them. Grandma being cheap frugal filled them with cracked corn. Somebody asked what they were for, so I took off the cap and grabbed a hand full of corn . I explained that the heat of the tires popped the corn and made a good snack for the pickers.  I got Wow grat idea.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

8 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Actually filed with used fryolator oil for smokey burnouts just like I used to do with my 65 impala after work at the York Steak House when I was 16

York Steak House.......oh what a blast from the past!!

Larry

that's the spot for a defrost switch or as others have said a spot for the fuel tank gauge selector switch on a gas job truck. when a gas job truck had the bigger heater with separate defrost switch, the defrost switch was located between the two bottom screw holes directly over top the steering column

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

10 hours ago, 66dc75 said:

Wasn't the last one left located in Ohio?

I just googled it, there is one in Columbus, Ohio.   There was one in Canton many years ago, inside the mall.  I can remember going there when I was young.

Larry

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:11 PM, 66dc75 said:

It never fails, at every truck show least 3-4 people stop and try to figure out what the tanks in front of the wheels are.

IMAG0135-3.jpg

No, no, no, those are the tanks for the Chem Trail Solution now used by airliners in a secret government program.

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

I just googled it, there is one in Columbus, Ohio.   There was one in Canton many years ago, inside the mall.  I can remember going there when I was young.

All of the finer dining establishments have disappeared 

Don't remember much about it, other then the cafeteria style serving.  I suppose back in the late 70's it was the in thing.   I suppose it isn't too much different then Golden Corral today?  It sure was a "different" time and I'm old enough to remember it.

Larry

25 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Don't remember much about it, other then the cafeteria style serving.  I suppose back in the late 70's it was the in thing.   I suppose it isn't too much different then Golden Corral today?  It sure was a "different" time and I'm old enough to remember it.

I looked it up on Google Maps...the inside looks pretty much like it did in 1970 when my family used to eat there. It's about 5 miles from where I'm sitting right now.