Weatherman is wrong again

HeavyGunner

The joys of global warming, oops my mistake it's now climate change, hot, cold they can't make up there minds, I read again the Polar bears are dying of starvation, now it's dead of winter and that is when they do best, summer time is supposed to be hard for them, but then the people who work for the Canadian Government came out and said the bears are doing great and their fat content is high, who do you believe.    

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On February 10, 2018 at 12:54 PM, hatcity said:

I worked in an ice cream warehouse. That was kept at -20. then walk out to 85+ in snowmobile suits

I know what that's like.  I worked in a freezer at a place that made the egg patties for Burgerking.  -20 inside then walk outside in the summer.   

• Like 1

the cold storage for apples is about the same 34 degrees a nice cool place to cool off during  the summer and a good place to warm up in the winter. three days ago we almost hit 60, today 33 and a 20 mph wind, my poor little calves are a little confused about life right now !

• Like 1

Not challenging your well articulated points and certainly did not imply you coming across as you know all.In my corner of this earth there is a Lake called The Lake Chad bordered by 4 countries Nigeria,Niger Cameroon and Chad,which has all but dried up in the past 30 years leading to current bloody clashes between cattle herdsmen who are moving southwards in search of pasture and water for their animals in Nigeria and farmers whose crops are been destroyed by this migration.In fact if you google Nigeria today that is what you are most likely to see and it has also been said to be responsible for the Boko Haram terrorists been able to thrive in the area because of the availability of idle young men who can't use it's water for irrigation or fishing anymore been recruited easily by the ISIS affiliated group.

Like i said earlier I do not Know for sure but climate change might just be responsible..Bringing it nearer home to you the US lost some special forces men in this area some weeks ago in the fight against these terrorists.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:29 AM, HeavyGunner said:

We've been getting blizzard after blizzard here on the prairies of central Montana and as the title eludes the weatherman never seems to quite nail it. For the prairies we have a pile of snow, I'd say an easy two feet on the level. Now mind you the winds have been blowing 20-30mph during these blizzards so we have hellacious drifts. Last night the forecast was -20 just now when I checked -31, as long as my willys starts I'll go to work it just takes longer to let the plastic air lines warm up and quit leaking. I missed last Saturday, this Monday and Thursday due to blizzards and hopefully don't miss today. Hopefully one of these times the weatherman is wrong it'll be to my benefit. 

Yes, they have not been real exact here on the west side of the pass either.  We did get the winter storm, snow and wind with the arctic air, but it seemed to be about 7 hours later than their first prediction.     I heard Hwy 2 over your way was closed the end of last week and  Hwy 89 south of Browning was closed today.

its been a nasty bugger over here lately. Heavy snows with high winds been making things miserable. A friend told me he heard in the news today that we've set a record over here with 55"  of snow. Dad says there's an easy 4'  of snow on the level at his place right now. I shoveled 2' of snow off of my 5th wheel over there around January 20th. Did you see that r model dump truck on Craig's list down in Plains? 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Well yesterday I saw a 68 degree swing in temperature compared to the day before. -33 on Monday and +35 yesterday. Now if we can just stay frozen and hopefully the high winds will stay down the rest of the week I'll have it made on easy street. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

1 minute ago, HeavyGunner said:

Well yesterday I saw a 68 degree swing in temperature compared to the day before. -33 on Monday and +35 yesterday. Now if we can just stay frozen and hopefully the high winds will stay down the rest of the week I'll have it made on easy street. 

68 degrees!!! That's crazy.

It felt so nice to have some warm weather. It's been a really cold winter here. Lots of days the temp hasn't been above zero. Monday our high was -12. 

18 minutes ago, h67st said:

68 degrees!!! That's crazy.

This was taken a Friend of a friend last Week. 

Ground temp of 67 Degrees Celsius.. (152 Degrees Fahrenheit)

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Yeah I’d rather have the cold than that. You can always put more clothes on but there’s only so many i fella can take off

• Like 2

I'm glad HeavyGunner  started this thread a few weeks ago!!   We have been a bit warmer here on the west side of the hill, compared to Havre. But the past three mornings have been around minus 10 to minus 14 degrees.    But anyway, whether you watch the news, the weather channel, discovery, the history channel, what ever.  All these people contradict themselves.  They briefly mention the last ice age then go right into the man made global warming.   Like here in Glacier National Park in northwest Montana,  the park rangers with their literature tell of how the park, ( the valleys and lakes ) was formed by     glaciers.   Yes, glaciers once covered the entire area, and when the glaciers advanced then melted and retreated they cut and carved out  the valleys and everything that is now Glacier / Waterton Parks.    The glacier were there and retreated at the end of an ice age , but now these people are up in arms and saying we are making the glaciers disappear now.   Maybe we ( the earth) are still coming out of an ice age????    After the 2011 earth quake in Japan I heard it mentioned only one time ( the powers to be don't want this info out ) that that quake shook so hard that it shifted the Earth on it's axis.    If you look up Ice Ages, one of the causes coming into or coming out of ice ages is a change or shift in the Earths axis..      The Earth is alive.  Mt. Everest gets higher all the time, the plates move. Up lift.     And Al Gore makes millions  with his global warming crap , And everybody believes it..

• Like 1

Thank goodness today is my Friday. I've had enough blizzards, white outs, roads drifted shut and subzero temps over the last 3 weeks that I was surprised this one didn't come early and hose me at the end of my work week. There are literally parts of US hwy2 that has 2-4 feet of the east bound lane taken up with 1-7 foot drifts. As fast as the plows wing it off it literally blows right back shut. I can honestly say I'm thankful I'm sitting this blizzard out. 

Edited by HeavyGunner