mackr1989

how often to grease

can anyone tell me how often to grease a 2000 rd688sx ten wheeler dump? 18 front 58 rears. how frequent and where exactly.

years ago before the market crashed and we worked alot more we greased 2 times a month. now we grease every few months. we work 5 days a week but not as crazy as before. when we do grease most of the fitting are still full and push no water or anything. i have a 2000 CL713 tri axle dump truck. 

at least monthly...more if running in VERY dusty conditions or lots of heavy rain

all steering components-king pins upper and lower, front spring shackles,  all u-joints and slip shaft, brake slack adjusters and tube

dump may have one at the top and bottom of cylinder, also may have one/two at dump hinge

clutch throw out bearing too..one shot

We run 6 tri-axle dumps , they all get greased with syn. grease every 3 to 4 thousand miles. 

The trucks that i started PMing from new I greased at 12,000 miles with the best grease I could get from psc . They have 900,000 plus but it was mostly highway miles.

I run a 5 axle dump and i grease the throw out brg ever week if milling and the entire chassis ever two weeks.I never have worn out parts like some i run with that grease at ever oil change.

Grease is cheap compared to replacing prematurely worn parts. Best investment in my opinion is lots of grease and religiously change your oil. I’ve got a family member who I was visiting with the other day and he has over 24000 hours on one of his machines engines and it’s never been overhauled, doesn’t burn oil and the machine is used everyday and his piece of advice was oil changes every 200 hours religiously. 

• Like 1