New UPS Fords

Red Horse

Someone a while back posted a picture of a new Ford medium in Buster Brown colors-think the truck was in midwest.  On I -495 today saw one northbound just south of Mass Pike.  so that means they bought at least two!  No clue if gas or Power stroke as I was southbound and couldn't see door where "Power Stroke" id is carried

Back on October 28, 2016, I posted this picture of a new UPS Ford "F-650" under "Trucking News - Ford Medium Duty Trucks". The photo was taken in Nashua, NH. I haven't seen

it around lately so I don't know if it came from another facility or if it was sent somewhere else.

bulldogboy

IMG_0627.JPG

Edited by bulldogboy

The Ford V10 is readily convertible to Propane fueling.  Interesting UPS is going with a gasoline option.  We have heard several school districts here going with gas busses moving away from LPG and diesel for overall cost factor.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, bulldogboy said:

Back on October 28, 2016, I posted this picture of a new UPS Ford "F-650" under "Trucking News - Ford Medium Duty Trucks". The photo was taken in Nashua, NH. I haven't seen

it around lately so I don't know if it came from another facility or if it was sent somewhere else.

bulldogboy

IMG_0627.JPG

Isnt it interesting that it doesn't have at least Commercial plates

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

when I worked at UPS back in 1997 I loaded a few Ford trucks that looked just like this. They used these trucks to deliver to Commercial addresses that see large volume of packages each day. The truck was all over the map picking up and dropping off to company's that would otherwise overwhelm a normal package truck.

23 minutes ago, Lmackattack said:

when I worked at UPS back in 1997 I loaded a few Ford trucks that looked just like this. They used these trucks to deliver to Commercial addresses that see large volume of packages each day. The truck was all over the map picking up and dropping off to company's that would otherwise overwhelm a normal package truck.

Makes sense-a typical "package car" would cube out very quickly with some commercial stops thrown in. I would imagine each large hub would have a couple of these 26,000lb jobs in the fleet.

I believe there has been a change in corporate philosophy about badging. The KW's they bought over the past few years all have full badging as well.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I wonder if it went back to when they designed and had built their delivery trucks, or "package cars" as UPS calls them. I assume the contract stated that the builders were not allowed to put their names on the finished product. The same contract language might have been used when they bought trucks on the open market.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Two years ago at JetBlue Park, AKA "Fenway South", in Lee County, FL, I saw a UPS Ford Transit Connect van. The ultimate small package delivery vehicle. I was unable to get a photo of it.

bulldogboy