Try not to laugh

Lmackattack

What til all new big trucks have to come with it????  They can't shift, so they have automatics.   This will have to help them put it in a dock.....

Letting more and more clueless people do more things every day.

Edited by Freightrain
  • Sad 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Freightrain,Rowdy, and Fxfymn, your thoughts once again parallel mine😁 Rather than learning to back up and teaching his son, the stroke teaches the kid to rely on electronic devices and they're both thrilled! Typical! When I was in the towing business, a local teenager used to ride with me just for fun,learned to to back a car up in 1 try, two years later was driving team with Coastal Tank Lines!,ended up driving a city bus!

that was hilarious....i dont even own a boat....but ive watched people back into the water that way......and i get nervous just watching then....even if your straight in....looks like you have to pay close attention to what your doing...bob

14 hours ago, gxbxc said:

FXFYmn if you were at 420 I know it well, best part of watching people trying to get out of the boat with out tieing up first, the boat drifts away with one foot on dock one in boat,always  good for a laught.

Yes, the most miserable assignment of my career. I went from a place that was doing 3K responses a year to around 200  and the highlight of the day was getting called to pick up a road kill deer. Fortunately I was paroled after a few months and went to a much busier place.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Just watched the horse video...funny!  The horses would probably love watching "Truckmasters" teach someone to drive a semi in two weeks!😁 I was reminded of a time in Weirton west Virginia when I was given bad directions by a local cop and went into a local neighborhood with 40000# of steel sheets in a 237 Maxidyne! I came to a hill so steep the R model wouldn't pull it! Had to back up about a mile thru the neighborhood ,everyone was out on their porch watching! The cop realized he screwed up and had traffic stopped on rte 22 so I could turn around! 

• Like 1

just spotted last post.....had the same thing happen to me   cops directions come up to a low overpass...had to blind side into an ice cream shop parking lot to turn around....good thing it was closed....just started driving....had very little experience...but i got it outa there...bob

I was raised on a farm and had to learn how to back not only 2 wheeled equipment but also 4 wheeled equipment using a tractor without power steering.  Try backing a 2 wheeled baler with a 4 wheel wagon attached around a corner.  Liken that to a truck with doubles.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Most of us of a "certain age" especially farm boys were driving stick shift  farm tractors and trucks at around 10 or 11 years of age if we were tall enough to see over the steering wheel! My dad owned the local salvage yard,so one day he got in a 36 Chevy standard Tudor  too old to have any parts value, but it ran (sorta) So he cut off the front end and sent out the head for a valve job and we reassembled it I was 11 and I drove it around the property! I recently read that  only 3 percent of new drivers can drive a stick! Also I don't believe you can buy a new pickup with a stick! Sad!

Mower man, when I got those bad directions I had maybe a years experience! We were pulling 40 ft Trailmobile spring ride spreads,one time I made a u turn in midsummer in a closed gas station with about 40 on the wagon was an asphalt parking lot what a mess that spread made of that lot! Should have learned my lesson NOT. Five years later in1979 I'm pulling a a brand new Cotrell "Ronald McDonald" 10 car rack fully loaded on I 64 in August in West Virginia and I pulled over to look at my map (on an asphalt shoulder!) Went to pull out the truck stalls! Tried again, she stalls! I get out and the trailer has sunk down to the frame in the hot asphalt! Took two tandem wreckers chained together to winch me out!😁 The main reason those trailers became obsolete quickly was the weight! 45000 lb with a tag axle day cab if I recall correctly! I was still a dummy to pull over on that hot asphalt!

20 hours ago, BillyT said:

Most of us of a "certain age" especially farm boys were driving stick shift  farm tractors and trucks at around 10 or 11 years of age if we were tall enough to see over the steering wheel! My dad owned the local salvage yard,so one day he got in a 36 Chevy standard Tudor  too old to have any parts value, but it ran (sorta) So he cut off the front end and sent out the head for a valve job and we reassembled it I was 11 and I drove it around the property! I recently read that  only 3 percent of new drivers can drive a stick! Also I don't believe you can buy a new pickup with a stick! Sad!

I can still remember my Grandpa saying "Ok, you put your hands on the bottom of the wheel thumbs out, turn the wheel in the direction of your thumbs, and that is where the trailer will go."" That was after I got big enough to hand crank his AC B model to get it started. Probably 8 or 9.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!