Sunday drive

B MACK

I see some WW2 junk too.

It was interesting to me to find out that those older style WW2 Dodges are less popular than later ones with wider grill. A matter of better attraction? Or anything else? Older models usually show higher rarity.

What are those buffalo's? A wild life recreation? Or does somebody farm them?

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

1 hour ago, Vladislav said:

I see some WW2 junk too.

It was interesting to me to find out that those older style WW2 Dodges are less popular than later ones with wider grill. A matter of better attraction? Or anything else? Older models usually show higher rarity.

Vlad The Buffalo or proper name Bison are native to the northern Plains. The basic staple of food for the native Plains Indians. Both wild and domesticated.. That herd looks farm raised.. Their meat is similar to Beef but leaner and lower in cholesterol. Some farms even cross breed them.. I am sure B Mack can give us a better explanation

Brocky

29 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Vlad The Buffalo or proper name Bison are native to the northern Plains. The basic staple of food for the native Plains Indians. Both wild and domesticated.. That herd looks farm raised.. Their meat is similar to Beef but leaner and lower in cholesterol. Some farms even cross breed them.. I am sure B Mack can give us a better explanation

We used to go to a dinner that served Beefalo Burgers ummmmmmm ummmmmm good!

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

59 minutes ago, Brocky said:

Thanks Bro, have no like button to react.

30 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

We used to go to a dinner that served Beefalo Burgers ummmmmmm ummmmmm good!

Paul, it's extremely late time here for a dinner. And when after all usual drooling on Mack pics I read you words about Beefalo burgers my health is really in danger. Gonna gotta sleep (correct me if I typed wrong:))

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vladislav said:

I see some WW2 junk too.

Those are bison are on the Blackfeet Rez, unlike what you hear on national news lately there are no free roaming buffalo here. I like that yellow truck. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

What is the cab over that is over the white kw's flatbed and to the left of the dodge? It is a really short wheel base, 4wd, has a fifth wheel plate and looks like the top could have been a canvas or somebody chopped the metal one off.  The truck is a behemoth.  

Edited by HeavyGunner

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, Brocky said:

The buffalo are the "Blackfeet (Indian) Nation Bison Herd".    It is a pretty good size herd.  They are on the Blackfeet Indian Res.  west of Browning, Mt.   I do not remember the herd of always being there?    I'm thinking for traditional reasons the Blackfeet acquired the buffalo so again the plains will have bison roaming on them.  Like HeavyGunner said , there are no free roaming bison on the Montana plains. This herd is confined by fences.    How ever, Yellowstone National Park does have a herd of , I believe , native bison.  And in the winter and spring they roam out of the park around Gardner, Mt. on ranch land.  Which I'm sure everyone has heard of the disease they carry called Brucilosas, which causes cattle to abort their calves.   Any way, the reason they roam out of Yellowstone is for grazing (in search of food).   Well I read something quite a few years ago, that the range area in Yellowstone Park could support 1500 to 1800 bison.  For years the park managed their buffalo herd and kept it at that number.   Why they stopped controlling the herd size??? who knows?    The    bison wonder out of the park because the herd is too big for the area .     I believe  the herd size now is at least twice the size the area will support. 

• Like 1

On 20.09.2017 at 7:34 AM, B MACK said:

The buffalo are the "Blackfeet (Indian) Nation Bison Herd".    It is a pretty good size herd.  They are on the Blackfeet Indian Res.  west of Browning, Mt.   I do not remember the herd of always being there?    I'm thinking for traditional reasons the Blackfeet acquired the buffalo so again the plains will have bison roaming on them.  Like HeavyGunner said , there are no free roaming bison on the Montana plains. This herd is confined by fences.    How ever, Yellowstone National Park does have a herd of , I believe , native bison.  And in the winter and spring they roam out of the park around Gardner, Mt. on ranch land.  Which I'm sure everyone has heard of the disease they carry called Brucilosas, which causes cattle to abort their calves.   Any way, the reason they roam out of Yellowstone is for grazing (in search of food).   Well I read something quite a few years ago, that the range area in Yellowstone Park could support 1500 to 1800 bison.  For years the park managed their buffalo herd and kept it at that number.   Why they stopped controlling the herd size??? who knows?    The    bison wonder out of the park because the herd is too big for the area .     I believe  the herd size now is at least twice the size the area will support. 

Interesting, thank you for taking the time for this.

I suppose the size of the herd is out by some "greeny" reason. Sure mother-nature needs protection from human's excessive activity nowadays but it should be done withough extremes. Easier to say, as any normal deal should be done. Otherwise issues occure both humans and the nature, or Bisone in this particular case.

In the area I live (Moscow) there's al kind of national park or reservation in about 100 km from my location which specialization is Buffalo's. Here they are called Zubr. I don't know is that just a Russian name of Buffalo or slightly different kind of animals. Being there I remember from being told by the guide that there were some families of Bison imported from America in that park too.

I think the reason they are letting the herd grow greater than the carrying capacity of the land is because they are selling he excess buffalo to different tribes and trying to fill that proposed buffalo sanctuary in eastern mt. There has been a huge fight among the farmers and ranchers and the government over this lately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keith Pommerening said:

There is so many Bison because they shot all the Timber Wolves the state of Minnesota gave them to help control the numbers.  

Not  even close, we don't have timber wolves we have gray wolves. We aren't letting enough of a quota out on wolves to even slow their progression down. In fact the Yellowstone elk herd was decimated due to those damn wolves. Used to be 22000 elk, lots of elk tags and most importantly that herd was the one that everyone got elk out of to repopulate other states that either had few or no elk. The fish and game has tried a number of tactics to generate revenue since the tag sales are down because the numbers are down in any area that has wolves with crummy tactics like letting a ten year old without a hunters Ed go buy a tag and have a "mentor" take them instead of taking the hunters Ed at 12 which they have to anyway.  FWP has started making terrible land purchases  by paying far above market price for land so they can control and charge to hunt it. They have no business buying land, that's what we already pay the US Forest Service, Bureau of land management, bureau of recreation, Montana state lands, dept of natural resources to do. Sorry if I come off as rude but I can assure you we have far, far too many wolves. 

Yea, I was being a pessimistic smart ash when I wrote that.  I hunt the far north forest here in Mn, and the wolves have really raised  hell with the deer up there.  They took the wolves off the endanger species list and allowed very minimal harvesting here.  At least until the "big hearts" from the twin cities raised so much hell about it the state gave up on trying to control them.  It's shoot, shovel and shut-up now.  Was listening to the brush wolves howling last night and I only live four miles from downtown Bemidji.  Some times I hear them on the river near my house.  

A couple years ago I had been on a ground stand for quite a while and was half asleep when I seen, what at first sight, looked like a Shetland pony walk into my shooting lane.  Thought that can't be real, of course it wasn't.  What is was was a huge Timber 30 yards out.  Gotta say, he sure was pretty. Had the crosshairs on him and safety off.  Thought about it for a minute.  I hunt with a state trooper and didn't want to put him in some kind of jeopardy so just watched him wander around for a while and let him go.  A  year later a friend was on a stand about a half mile from there.  He had a doe come out, but she kept looking back.  He was excited expecting a big buck to be following her.  No, another Timber, but this one had a radio collar.  The doe would move just enough to keep about 50 yards between them.  We think she was too tired to try and out run him.  

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, HeavyGunner said:

I think the reason they are letting the herd grow greater than the carrying capacity of the land is because they are selling he excess buffalo to different tribes and trying to fill that proposed buffalo sanctuary in eastern mt. There has been a huge fight among the farmers and ranchers and the government over this lately. 

I don't know exactly how long it has been thought of. But I remember hearing  of it during the Clinton administration  with Al Gore and Bruce Babbit,   I     believe they called it "the great wide open".   They want to , Basicly remove ALL the people from most of eastern Montana to western part of North Dakota and ALL the way south to Texas and down into Mexico.   Plant buffalo and reintroduce grizzly bear, and "make it the way it used to be....   These enviro's  and animal rights people sure have some different ideas.....

• Like 1

Yeah. If those people from ?? , lets say New York, believe that everything should be saved or protected and needs to go on the "endangered list" and reintroduce them to an area.  And that is a joke,  Take the wolf.   The wolf is NOT endangered.. There are lots of wolves in Alaska and Canada. When they got     reintroduced to Yellowstone Nat. Park and Montana, Idaho and Wyoming   Canada had to be laughing their asses off  because they saw the wolf as a problem, for the same reason the western states GOT RID of them years ago, (the wolf is a predator, and preys on elk and deer as well as cattle ). So,,,  we bought wolves from Canada.   Spend millions of dollars on the wolves, relocating them, monitoring them and even do away with some that are problems.    I guess what I am eluding to is, Since all the people from back east think that we need to save the wolf or what ever else.  Why not let them have some also, introduce them in Central Park in New York..

• Like 2