Beautiful Blue Skies ????

B MACK

This has probably been brought up before, cause I have noticed and have wondered about it also since early "90's".     Cemtrails,  It seems to be quiet now a days.   I am working in north central Montana and Monday after the eclipse I saw the nice blue sky we had was being striped and then was a crappy gray.   I remember photos of growing up in the 60's & 70's there were ALWAYS beautiful blue skies with either no clouds or big white puffy clouds. Now for the past 20 odd years it seems our beautiful blue skies get all striped up in a checker board fashion and then are a crappy gray sky.   I have noticed this all over Montana. I was in Page, Az. at 7:00 AM the sky was super blue, and after a while of the chris-cross jets the sky was ugly. The same in Tonapah, Nv.   All these places can't be located that close to a major flight route.    And to have that many planes flying "chris-cross" patterns..       Jet exhaust is a contrail, it disapates  and goes away..      Any ideas or thoughts

You've got to remember here it's really dusty right now from harvest going on and hazy from the smoke. Earlier in the summer before fires and harvest it was nice and blue. Same as winter here, we get sunshine and bluebird days most of the winter unlike the flathead. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

B Mack:  Are these contrails actually visible jet exhaust or are they water condensation from the warm jet?? It seems like you only see them under certain atmospheric conditions?? I do not know!! Just tossing the question out at more knowledgeable people.. I remember one evening at our terminal in Indy, about dusk, looking west we counted 21 contrails between St Louis and Chicago. The sun was just right and you could pick out a silver dot at the beginning of some of them.

Brocky

I live in central Ohio and we have a lot of days between Spring and Fall that have nice blue skies. There's usually a few nice puffy clouds like today but still a beautiful blue sky. We do have our share of gray days but not all the time. We're in line with an international airport so I see a lot of contrails but they don't overpower the sky.

This has nothing to do with gray or blue skies but any of you folks remember the sonic booms of the 60's?  Where I lived was on one of the flight test patterns

for the RS/SR 71 plus all those F4's buzzing around. I liked it when you would hear the double Boom.

Truck Shop

One ping only

Got clouds all the time  in Va from SOMEONE in Gladys burning  uh I mean cooking bacon covered briscut or burning down there sheds. ...

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

B Mack:  Are these contrails actually visible jet exhaust or are they water condensation from the warm jet?? It seems like you only see them under certain atmospheric conditions?? I do not know!! Just tossing the question out at more knowledgeable people.. I remember one evening at our terminal in Indy, about dusk, looking west we counted 21 contrails between St Louis and Chicago. The sun was just right and you could pick out a silver dot at the beginning of some of them.

I have seen some contrails,( jet exhaust). They float around a bit, puff up some then after a while they are gone.   What I am talking about is the trails that spread out and join the other trails that have been flown parallel and also cross hatch, but they don't disappear. Every where I have seen this out west, I can't believe these areas have that much air traffic.     Like HeavyGunner says, there is smoke from fires and harvest & road dust. The same in the western part of the state. All that seems to be low level. What I am talking of is high in the sky, the jets making the trails look like a pen point.   

• 3 months later...
On 8/24/2017 at 10:09 PM, 41chevy said:

Got clouds all the time  in Va from SOMEONE in Gladys burning  uh I mean cooking bacon covered briscut or burning down there sheds. ...

Not any more, I- I mean they- put a reconditioned diesel particulate filter on the smoker. No sheds have been burned down in over a year- wait, this just in- oh...never mind, short stroke's shed burned down a few weeks ago, he only lives a few miles from here. He had a welder in his shed though, that's what started the fire, he was not smoking a turkey.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 8/25/2017 at 12:26 AM, B MACK said:

I have seen some contrails,( jet exhaust). They float around a bit, puff up some then after a while they are gone.   What I am talking about is the trails that spread out and join the other trails that have been flown parallel and also cross hatch, but they don't disappear. Every where I have seen this out west, I can't believe these areas have that much air traffic.     Like HeavyGunner says, there is smoke from fires and harvest & road dust. The same in the western part of the state. All that seems to be low level. What I am talking of is high in the sky, the jets making the trails look like a pen point.   

if you can manage to focus a good telescope on these planes you will find that the majority of them are solid white and have  zero markings except a small unreadable number on the nose. they fly some where near 54000 ft. passenger jets hold at around 34-38 sometimes 39000