Pictures of the Week

other dog

The DM-600 is a killer piece!

Are the skidders on the land across the street from you?  Maybe you will finally be getting that Super Walmart!

In general, the pictures indicate a safe and scenic week but 92 at 8:30 in the morning is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

6 minutes ago, j hancock said:

The DM-600 is a killer piece!

Are the skidders on the land across the street from you?  Maybe you will finally be getting that Super Walmart!

In general, the pictures indicate a safe and scenic week but 92 at 8:30 in the morning is ridiculous.

No, the skidder was over on Pigeon Run Road, on the other side of Gladys from here.

Jo talked to a man that stopped across the road a while back and he told her he was going to fence that land in across the road and put cattle on it. They've pushed all the brush up and sowed oats or something on it, that's all they've done so far. Guess we'll still have to drive 8 miles to Altavista to the Wal Mart store!

And I mean to tell you, the heat and humidity has been brutal the last couple of weeks. I'd be soaking wet with sweat every day before 9am- miserable!

DSCN0232.thumb.JPG.55d571a4a19e7ae3497af1f56cb21cd0.JPG

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

2 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

The tmi view looks like its from the  turnpike bridge.   

Yes it is- I was coming from Keystone Fence in Schaefferstown, headed over to rt. 15. Had to go to Thurmont to pick up some bricks, then to Williamsport for more bricks.

OD,you should have gone N on 15 to St Mary's and got me a case of Straub! They must periodically refinish that Peach on I85 it looks as good today as it did in the 80s and 90s! It's been in the 90s with similar humidity every day here for over a month! Know how you feel about untarping in the summer! When I was hauling foam insulation from La Grange Ga  to Miami after Hurricane Andrew there was a Cuban kid about 15 that would untarp your load and roll your tarps and put them on your trailer for 10 dollars! The loads came in all day for 6mos! So he did pretty well! Was sure worth 10 bucks to me! That looks like a solid DM!

On 7/30/2017 at 10:51 AM, BillyT said:

OD,you should have gone N on 15 to St Mary's and got me a case of Straub! They must periodically refinish that Peach on I85 it looks as good today as it did in the 80s and 90s! It's been in the 90s with similar humidity every day here for over a month! Know how you feel about untarping in the summer! When I was hauling foam insulation from La Grange Ga  to Miami after Hurricane Andrew there was a Cuban kid about 15 that would untarp your load and roll your tarps and put them on your trailer for 10 dollars! The loads came in all day for 6mos! So he did pretty well! Was sure worth 10 bucks to me! That looks like a solid DM!

They were just working on the peach not long ago, looked like this then-

DSCN9385.jpg.1ca19f87bf22bf0f1315957333dbc526.jpg

2 hours ago, r686st said:

I was thinking the same thing Back in Black!!!! I think it was before my time but I've heard of 3 Mile Island. Can anyone give me some details as to what went down?

3 Mile island is a nuculear power plant on an island in the susquhanna river near Harrisburg, Pa.   I think march 30 1979.  It was 9 month before I was born.  My dad says it was a good party since I had about 10 classmates in school with birthdays all within a few days of mine.   I think a valve in the cooling system just got stuck open and shit started hitting the fan.   I read one place the said it was within a few minutes of being another Chernobyl disaster.  

5 hours ago, carlotpilot said:

I kinda thought that was a novel steering wheel grip too    :huh:

I think if you look a little closer she was doing what is rapidly becoming one of the more dangerous  forms of driver neglect on the highways and byways all across America these days.........playing with her....................................................... cellphone.

• Like 1