Western Movie Themes

Truck Shop

On 7/28/2017 at 2:38 AM, BillyT said:

How'd you know which one to shoot first? Loved it! 

From the movie War Wagon- Kirk Douglas-mine hit the ground first-John Wayne-mine was taller.

Truck Shop

• Like 1

One ping only

Wah wah wah! I've got The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on my Hulu watchlist right now. I wonder how many times I've watched this over the years...Speaking of westerns, when they remade True Grit with Jeff Bridges, a lot of people said it was better than the original and The Duke was overweight and out of shape for the original. I watched both, and those folks are full of hooey! The remake was good, but John Wayne was stellar in the first one. My favorite Wayne movie was Big Jake...what about you guys?

• Like 2

"The Cowboys" did I get the title right? Where he goes on a cattle drive with a bunch of little kids, and they become men! Truck Shop I was referring to "The outlaw Josie Wales"  when Chief Dan George asks Josie how he knew which one. To shoot first "the one on the left had scared eyes,the one in the middle had crazy eyes" Dan asks Josie "What about the other one?" "Well I had you" he replies!😁 Also liked "The man who shot Liberty Valance" with Jimmy Stewart and Lee Marvin! Good stuff!

On 26 July, 2017 at 8:14 PM, Truck Shop said:

Themes from westerns were some of the best, I had these on a flash drive when I would travel on my Goldwing. 

Truck Shop                                    

Thanks Truck Shop. I love spaghetti westerns . When I hear that music, I see a horse and rider in the distance, slowly getting closer with a dust trail behind them. It got me thinking I could do the same with an old bulldog and a worn out driver that doesn't look anything like Clint Eastwood. 

Here is my version with the music from Good, Bad and Ugly . 

Thanks again for the thread :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxbR5ArrUa0

• Like 2

Keith 

On 7/30/2017 at 0:52 PM, 85snowdog said:

Thanks Truck Shop. I love spaghetti westerns . When I hear that music, I see a horse and rider in the distance, slowly getting closer with a dust trail behind them. It got me thinking I could do the same with an old bulldog and a worn out driver that doesn't look anything like Clint Eastwood. 

Here is my version with the music from Good, Bad and Ugly . 

Thanks again for the thread :thumb:

Great video, snowdog! I think the R model captures the spirit of Clint Eastwood in the western movies.

The Magnificent Seven is a 1960 American Western film directed by John Sturges and starring Yul Brynner, Eli Wallach, Horst Buchholz, James Coburn, Brad Dexter, Steve McQueen, Robert Vaughn, and Charles Bronson. The film is an Old West-style remake of Akira Kurosawa's 1954 Japanese film Seven Samurai. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Magnificent_Seven)

• Like 1

One of my favorites is Pale Rider.  I can watch it over and over.  Not that others aren't good, but I just like this one.  Throw in Breakheart Pass with Bronson.  Ya, another one I can watch over and over.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The 1959 classic The Big Country with Gregory Peck. Burl Ives played a role as a true hard ass no one could have played that part better.

Truck Shop

One ping only