a day at the beach

Looks good. Of all the things I do on my trucks media blasting is dead last on the list of favorites. 

I'm sure you know this, but you need to blow that out a couple dozen times or I guarantee you that the paint gun will blow some hidden media up and ruin your paint job. 

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Nice job on the cab and floor panels.  I wasn't able to roll pleats in mine, but I used 16 ga and it is tough stuff.  I put a piece of 1" sq tube across under the floor where the front bolts to the seats are and the rear edge of the transmission cover.  Made it real sturdy!

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

5 hours ago, h67st said:

Attention to detail...I like it! Slick idea for a cab carrier.

I'm all about repurposing......home made tractor forks made from some type of commercial kitchen bench supports. They were the perfect length and even cut in a wedge shape on the ends. Drilled  four holes total inth     into the tractor bucket and they can be bolted on when needed.

5 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Nice job on the cab and floor panels.  I wasn't able to roll pleats in mine, but I used 16 ga and it is tough stuff.  I put a piece of 1" sq tube across under the floor where the front bolts to the seats are and the rear edge of the transmission cover.  Made it real sturdy!

I didn"t roll them either, I used a piece of 3/4 inch round tube cut in half lengthwise , relief cut the ends and flattened the ends and welded them to the new pans. They look almost exactly like a rolled bead and just as strong for a floor pan.

Amazing what you can come up with to make do.

• Like 1

Wow....nice work.

This was me about 15 yr ago:  I cut the whole floor out.  You can see the new "sill/rocker" panels I had bent.  Then the floor was cut/welded/installed.  The 1" tube running across to support the weight of the seat and tie into the removable panel.

newsill2.jpg

newpassflr.jpg

newfloor4.jpg

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

7 hours ago, fxfymn said:

Looks good. Of all the things I do on my trucks media blasting is dead last on the list of favorites. 

I'm sure you know this, but you need to blow that out a couple dozen times or I guarantee you that the paint gun will blow some hidden media up and ruin your paint job. 

spoken from experience   :thumb:

26 minutes ago, Willie dog said:

I didn"t roll them either, I used a piece of 3/4 inch round tube cut in half lengthwise , relief cut the ends and flattened the ends and welded them to the new pans. They look almost exactly like a rolled bead and just as strong for a floor pan.

priceless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Wow....nice work.

This was me about 15 yr ago:  I cut the whole floor 😆out.  You can see the new "sill/rocker" panels I had bent.  Then the floor was cut/welded/installed.  The 1" tube running across to support the weight of the seat and tie into the removable panel.

newsill2.jpg

newpassflr.jpg

newfloor4.jpg

Looks good!!  Somewhat simple to make, functions well and the best part is no more Flintstone mobile! 

1 hour ago, BillyT said:

If you primed it with that Eastwood Por 15 (I hope I got the name right) You it would never rust again!

That is exactly what i'm going to do. Then i'm going to spray the floor, firewall and inner panels with bed liner to help deaden sound then paint it all with the same green for thr dash and interior.

On 19/05/2017 at 2:34 AM, Willie dog said:

I was wondering how you did it. Nice work. 

• Like 1