White 9000

james j neiweem

I always liked the White 9000 coup cab. They were all over the place. They were a well thought out truck in the day. 92 in BBC, light weight, Cummins powered. I believe the 92 in BBC B-67 was Macks answer to this model. I think the B-67's engine leaned to the side for driver room. Did the Cummins powered White 9000 also lean over.:mellow:

Edited by james j neiweem

On 1/13/2017 at 11:03 AM, james j neiweem said:

I always liked the White 9000 coup cab. They were all over the place. They were a well thought out truck in the day. 92 in BBC, light weight, Cummins powered. I believe the 92 in BBC B-67 was Macks answer to this model. I think the B-67's engine leaned to the side for driver room. Did the Cummins powered White 9000 also lean over.:mellow:

all the short nose whites with cummins in line were tilted to the right i don`t remember just what degree of tilt they had but some where  between 15-20

Edited by carlotpilot

1 hour ago, james j neiweem said:

The red one above is a 9000 with the large A-car cab. The coup cab was pre A-car cab. So I guess the engine did tilt to the passenger side in the coup cab. Makes sense.

I wonder how many other trucks had tilted engines.

I know Ford L9000's tilted... maybe the LTL's too.

Is this the cab you're talking about??

00101_jbJ2Y8uaLx5_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Outbehindthebarn

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

i ran a 69 white 9000 for 5 years pulling a low boy in the early 80's just like the one behindthebarn posted.

290 cummins with a 10 speed. the engine in that one was not tilted, but it was halfway into the cab

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

6 hours ago, james j neiweem said:

The red one above is a 9000 with the large A-car cab. The coup cab was pre A-car cab. So I guess the engine did tilt to the passenger side in the coup cab. Makes sense.

I wonder how many other trucks had tilted engines.

Tilted engines 743 and 855,  White 4000, 9000, Ford N, LN, LNT, Brockway 359, 361, GMC-Chev 9500, Brigadier, Bison and few others.

FW

On 1/14/2017 at 3:49 PM, Outbehindthebarn said:

I know Ford L9000's tilted... maybe the LTL's too.

Is this the cab you're talking about??

00101_jbJ2Y8uaLx5_1200x900.jpg

a short story on a white like this one .   about late 65 i took a single axle like this out to a job site alongside the potomac river in fairfax cty.va to move a front end loader back to the yard . road i had to use had a short really steep hill on it . the loader turned out to be a 977h cat`  well loaded it up on4 axle t&t and headed back` got to the hill and the little jt160 cummins in the tractor would not pull that 77 up the hill had to unload the loader drive it to the top walk a mile or so back down and bring the truck up reload the loader and then coax the whole mess back about 18 miles  the owner asked what the hell took you so long?  little tractor only had an 8 spd roadranger I only got it into the high side once on the way back

• Like 1