New England snowstorm indicators!

70mackMB

Speak inglash. . . me no kabish

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That is from my home town newspaper and I guess times have changed since a snow storm was just another day for us when I was a lad. I don't remember anyone getting wound up like they do around here. It snowed, we cleaned it up, it snowed again, and so on. That is what happens in New England in the winter. And OBTW he forgot the toilet paper in the drawing.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

2 hours ago, fxfymn said:

That is from my home town newspaper and I guess times have changed since a snow storm was just another day for us when I was a lad. I don't remember anyone getting wound up like they do around here. It snowed, we cleaned it up, it snowed again, and so on. That is what happens in New England in the winter. And OBTW he forgot the toilet paper in the drawing.

in my day a sears and roebuck catalog     worked  just fine

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fxfymn said:

I think the big difference is when we were kids you listened to one forecast on your radio station or TV station of choice.  Today with multiple channels the hype gets built up-and I'm guilty of surfing the channels and comparing forecasts.  Then we have the phone aps-which I have to admit, are pretty accurate.  We are about 2 or 3 miles NW of 495 which always seems to be the "cut line" for heavier snow and its true.  We ended up with about 2 or 3 inches of slush as it kept jumping back from rain to snow while 10 miles away they had over 10.

• Like 1

There was a law suit from Rhode Island man that totaled his truck on the Gold-star bridge rt-95 in Groton CT because the state didn't properly prep it before the storm I learned the other day it was thrown out of court from a dot employee the state must of used it has a educational moment for future cases .                                  

Edited by blackdog2

Ed

6 minutes ago, blackdog2 said:

There was a law suit from Rhode Island man that totaled his truck on the Gold-star bridge rt-95 in Groton CT because the state didn't properly prep it before the storm I learned the other day it was thrown out of court from a dot employ the state must of used it has a educational moment for future cases .                                  

Just crossed that yesterday and there was more brine laid out than at thanksgiving for the turkeys

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I welded barges next to the Mon river in Floreffe Pa when it was -27degrees in 77 If it goes down to 40 degrees in Florida we all stay indoors and shiver!😁 It had to "really snow" before they closed the schools in the fifties and sixties! As kids we used to listen to WJPA in Washington pa and pray our school would be closed! I can remember  waking up at dawn and if you heard the sound of tire chains on the cars and trucks you knew it snowed all night and the school " might" be closed! Happy and safe new year everyone!