Looks good. Not being critical, just curious; did you put any kind of sealer on the frame where the outer layer buckles away to keep water from getting in there?

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

18 minutes ago, fxfymn said:

Looks good. Not being critical, just curious; did you put any kind of sealer on the frame where the outer layer buckles away to keep water from getting in there?

I did......I used POR 15 in the seam to stop what rust still remained and then sealed the gap with automotive seam sealer.

15 hours ago, mowerman said:

Beautiful color was wondering if you were gonna paint the rig like a gulf tanker????? I used to work at a gulf service station in the 70,s always liked the gas trucks that used to fill us up..good memories.bob

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I am going to do the blue and orange scheme with the Gulf logo on the tank sides.

I still have the original pump and counter/ticket printer that was in it from new. I am going to make it LOOK as if it is ready to start pumping at any moment. Even though it will never pump a drop of oil ever again.

On 11/21/2016 at 0:17 AM, mowerman said:

This is all I got left......found it at the bottom of some box around 20 years ago... It's all beat to hell but I haven't got the heart to toss it. Was only 20 last time I wore it lol....bob

How cool!!   I think it's great to preserve a piece of history.......especially when it's your own!!!

Great color! Looks like the photos I gave you!!  Can't wait for more progress.    Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

10 hours ago, Bigben89 said:

Just asking your andprocess since I'm just finish ing up blasting a 41' International frame..

You blasted, washed/prepped frame, primed frame, then POR 15 the spots you needed to and applied paint? Any Clear? (frame doesn't need it but curious)

All that is correct......just be sure to sand  and re-prime any por-15 spots.

I didn't use any clear. Just single stage acrylic enamel with a hardener.

Oopps. Correction.  I only used POR-15 down in the frame/fish plate seam. After blasting , all the rust everwhere else was gone so I didn't feel the need for it elsewhere.

Good luck on your '41! Share some pics.

If you need a paint like Por-15 for your project you might check into using "Frame Saver" from Magnet Paints. I have used both and I do not see any difference between the two except frame saver is about half the cost.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!