An Old B got som new tires

44 minutes ago, Gmerrill0516 said:

Not a bad price considering and they do look good.  Tires are one of the most expensive things I worry about with my projects.  Ever price a set of 11:00R24's?  You need to sit down to hear the answer...

China is a helpful country:)

A couple of years ago I bought the whole set of 12.00R24's. Don't remember what they exactly cost but I do remember I was going no less than a year to make that deal.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Yeah I was a bit nervous when I picked up the phone to call for the quote but we're planning on using the truck to carry our newly built truck camer this summer (pics to come once I get it finished up and setting on the truck) along with hauling the siding that I make.  If it were just going to be used for the business I might have looked into used tires but since I'll have my wife and the dog with me when we go camping I knew I needed to have something I could count on.  On the plus side when I had the front end up I was able to verify that the tie rods, king pins and all of the other steering related items were nice and tight so I feel a lot better about loading the family up and heading off with the old girl at this point. 

I dunno about Chinese tires lately. with some of the junk ones we have put on at work id stay away from Goodrides or the likes. put some on a few oil trucks cause that's what the company wanted... drivers were complainin they shake. well I jacked the truck up, left and inch gap between tire and floor and spun the tires..... it hits the floor in two spots they are so out of round.  this was a 11 22 5. we have had some horrible luck with 19.5 Chinese junk tires also Goodrides and another one I cant recall but its a Hercules look alike

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I ended up with new double coins on the front, the guy at the tire shop told me they sell a lot of them and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary when I put them on.  Fingers crossed that my ride will improve the old bias plys had quite the thump to them until they warmed up enough to round out.

3 hours ago, Maddog13407 said:

I dunno about Chinese tires lately. with some of the junk ones we have put on at work id stay away from Goodrides or the likes. put some on a few oil trucks cause that's what the company wanted... drivers were complainin they shake. well I jacked the truck up, left and inch gap between tire and floor and spun the tires..... it hits the floor in two spots they are so out of round.  this was a 11 22 5. we have had some horrible luck with 19.5 Chinese junk tires also Goodrides and another one I cant recall but its a Hercules look alike

Large paving outfit in this area bought a bunch-not sure of the brand but they bit the bullet and took them off.  Again-what works for "casual " use versus front line "to the max" GVW are two different things.

A lot (or the most?) carriers here use Chinese tyres. Mostly Aeolus, Double coin, West lake and others.

The talks about were different although costs beat up other reasons.

In general I hear they're good until you overload them. It's said taking to account 95% of all loads were way out of limit just one year back when hard ristrictions applied. Some "fashioned" owners-operators put Michelin's or Conty's on a streer axle and drive ones are generally Chinese or Russian made otherwise.

I personaly myself have just minor experience putting Aeolus 11R24.5 on my R-model all around. To the moment I made less than 2000km on them and with absolutely no load. Haven't had any issue so far. 

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I just put a pair of Yokohama's on the front of my truck last spring.   Ya, the price went up from 14 yrs ago when I bought them.  Had $800 in the pair mounted.  I got all six mounted in 2003 for $1800 and that included used rims.

Even with just being a "toy", I still like to keep a "brand name" tire on it.  Piece of mind I suppose.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"