JEEP FC-150

41chevy

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

great little trucks, but seriously under powered with the 4 cylinder and 3 speed trans.

Jeep had a cure for that; they rusted away until they got light enough to go fast.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

FC-190 was only V8 or a few perkins diesel no six cylinders. the FC-170 was available with the 6 cylinder.

the FC-190 also could be had with an available automatic trans

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

At close to 50 years ago the exact models are lost to some corner of space.  My memories of them were coming in for gas at my uncles Shell Station when I pumped gas there in 1965 -66. I thought they were the neatest looking Jeeps I ever saw.   Paul 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I saw this awhile back in petersens 4wheel & off-road. 

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/jeep-mighty-fc-concept-first-drive-review there's also a bad ass wagoneer prototype as well. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 3 weeks later...

just spotted this one.....not many of them around even in thier time....they were pretty cool.....used to be one in lake tahoe....few years ago just sitting at somebodys....business,,,dont know if its still there..my old boss had one back in 1972.......bob

Edited by mowerman

They did make some van prototypes of it and that was before the Big 3 came out with their vans that were so popular in the sixties. It was a good looking van and it is interesting to think of what might have happened if they would have produced it.

Later they did make a few of them for the military.

All models lineup.jpg

The CJ-5 in the left center is identical to the one I owned as a teenager, right down to the plow and the optional factory cab (with the fibergalss roof that put splinters in your hand anytime you touched it) I made a lot of money with that little beast and had a lot of fun cruising the beaches of Cape Cod.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

On 4/3/2016 at 2:51 AM, Phase 1 said:

They did make some van prototypes of it and that was before the Big 3 came out with their vans that were so popular in the sixties. It was a good looking van and it is interesting to think of what might have happened if they would have produced it.

Later they did make a few of them for the military.

Related reading - http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/44477-jeep-design-head-mark-allen-on-the-jeep-fc-150-concept-truck/

Mil-spec diesel Jeep FC170 (1).jpg

Mil-spec diesel Jeep FC170 (2).jpg

Mil-spec diesel Jeep FC170 (3).jpg