OMG train vs truck

speerk

That sucks, he sounded like a decent guy. We all do stupid things on occasion, ideally we catch ourselves before something like that happens. I would imagine an event like this would end ones trucking career, is that true? I'm not in the business myself, my father and some friends are but none of them have had any accidents. What are the consequences for something like this. Andy

Consequences? Failing to obey a rail crossing signal is a 60 day DQ for a 1st offense. Two others he could be dinged with are failing to slow and check that tracks are clear of an approaching train, as well as failing to stop if the tracks are not clear. 2nd conviction means a 120 day DQ, and 3rd comes with a much longer DQ (can't remember off the top of my head, and can't see that column on my phone). The FMCSA takes rail crossing violations VERY seriously, and so he's going to be out of work for AT LEAST 2 months if he gets off lucky and only gets the one citation.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

At first I thought he was going around gates, but then after watching the whole thing it was obvious he was pulling back into the road and there was no gates. I dont think he was trying to beat the train, it sounds like he spaced out and didnt see or hear it (which is hard to imagine). But who would pull away form a dot inspection and try to out run a train? Even stupid people doing stupid things try not to do them in front of a cop. After he can legally drive again is he likley to find another job? I figured after something like that your company wouldn't be able to get there insurance company to sign off on him. Andy

• Like 1

Wow...that was crazy to watch. He just wheeled it out in front of the train. He mentioned he was following a car and didn't see the lights? I guess he must of been riled up from the cop and just didn't have his head screwed on straight when he pulled out. Ouch.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

He probably has to wait for the "pucker" to release before he can get out of the truck.

He probably had some racing stripes in his bloomers and didn't want the emt's to see them. About a month ago my engineer and me was coming back from Strasburg VA and hit a full grown cow standing in the tracks. All we heard was a bump.
  • Like 1

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.