Congratulations on that amazing rescue job. What a story. I’ve also got a former FDNY CF600, a 1988, but it had only been out of service for two months, so mice hadn’t moved in yet. Good luck with the next steps in the renovation process. I hope it’s rolling down the road soon!

Good Save!! Glad it didn't get scrapped. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Guys thanks for all of the great comments. This was one long day day since we did not have any wiring diagrams or fuel pump diagrams, so just trial and error to get it going. Carl that is very cool that you rode with it when in service in Brooklyn. We found a picture (attached) at the station that was sold on eBay. Al It will stay in Reading with CF600 and since he has 3 other CF's I think he may need some help getting it to the shows so think I will get to drive it when needed!

We know it served as Engine 216 from Jan 1987 to November 1998 and think it was then a reserve engine since it has the NYFD shop paint job and touched up the dog legs and fenders for typical CF rust. Trying to find out if it was dispatched to the the World Trade Center on 9/11 and was one that survived.

Firemack

post-121-0-41945800-1449115090_thumb.jpg

• Like 2