Did my several years ago. Go to the Mack museum site and look at the list of vendors. There is one that does original wiring with the cloth covered wire as used originally. I don't know if it is as pricey as Watt's but it is probably were Barry gets his anyway. Take a minute and look it can only save your money.

• Like 1

Did my several years ago. Go to the Mack museum site and look at the list of vendors. There is one that does original wiring with the cloth covered wire as used originally. I don't know if it is as pricey as Watt's but it is probably were Barry gets his anyway. Take a minute and look it can only save your money.

The one in Maine Vintage Wiring stops at 1952 for MACK gave me a price of almost $1500 3 years ago and wanted my old harness to copy an reuse the plugs and connectors and that was with out the engine compartment/headlights and directionals. That harness was extra.

Harnesses Unlimited. Wiring Harnesses made. PO Box 435 Wayne, PA 19087-0435 Telephone: 610-688-3998 is probably the one Watts uses. They custom make them to order.

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The one in Maine Vintage Wiring stops at 1952 for MACK gave me a price of almost $1500 3 years ago and wanted my old harness to copy an reuse the plugs and connectors and that was with out the engine compartment/headlights and directionals. That harness was extra.

Harnesses Unlimited. Wiring Harnesses made. PO Box 435 Wayne, PA 19087-0435 Telephone: 610-688-3998 is probably the one Watts uses. They custom make them to order.

Wow!

From what you said that man who always "on the floor making a harness" and not possible to answer calls has "ein guten appetit".

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 4 years later...
On 11/25/2015 at 4:51 PM, 68-f-model said:

For $1800 it better install itself . I put a modern blade type fuse block and full harness in for about $175 .

Hi I am new to old Mack’s currently trying to resurrect a 1987 mh600/613 cab over with my dad  with a wiring nightmare we have been replacing single wires and got as far as we can start it from the junction box for lack of better terms but can’t get any power to the cab at all or the ignition how did you replace the harness for under $200? Also how do you know what wire goes to what as they are not really color coated? And and all help or tips would be really appreciated thanks in advance D.

Well, these fellas were talking about earlier trucks that have much less complicated wiring than your 87 would have.  There are many companies that make universal type harness for hot rods and whatnot, personally I have used Painless performance, American Autowire, and Ron Francis kits.  I was happy with all of the although the American Autowire seemed to be the best bang for your buck.  Summit racing or Jegs are a good place to buy things like this, just find a kit that best suits your needs.  Finding the proper terminals to fit your factoy connectors is likely going to be the largest challenge.  Hopefully someone can chime in and get you a wiring diagram for your truck.  Is the harness really in awful shape or are you just having a hard time troubleshooting?  Electrical issues can be very annoying.  Good luck. Andy

Ok thank you and the harness is pretty bad where it runs under the floor and above the steer tire lots of broken rotten wires so it’s difficult to be sure where some even went and I also can’t get the harness un hooked to reconnect a couple that broke up tight to the connection 

I've always hacked a block out of a later model automobile and sourced the electrical terminations from automotive suppliers such as "Auveco", or "Lawson Products" which now sell online. Get the correct removal, and crimper tools for their terminations also as it takes a lot of the tedious work out of building harnesses.

With broken wires there is no substitute for a good point to point schematic and they can be obtained, or modified from an existing print.

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.