Diesel fuel additive

Monk31

I have a 84dm688sx with a e6350 engine I looking to find the best fuel additive for the winter. I have used power service additive and I gelled up last winter. Thanks for any responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Power Service did you use, the silver bottle is for summer, the white and red bottle is for winter. at least that's what the PS guy out at the Iowa 80 truck show told me. I like Howes and Lucas to but don't know which one is better.

Bingo. I wonder if Monk was using the wrong stuff. When it gets cold, you use the white bottle. When it gets arctic, use the red. Never heard of anyone having issues with either, and coincidentally, I've never heard of the white bottle additive failing in extreme temps, either.

• Like 1

Where I fuel up is already treated to an extent, I use the white bottle Power Service with every fillup as well. Never gelled up that I know of.

About 3 or 4 winters ago, we had one morning where it got down to 24 below zero, I can't tell you if the fuel was gelled or not, but my blood was. I just stayed home.

Do you fill up at a regular station, or from a bulk fuel source like a big tank in a yard. Some bulk fuel is pretty raw, with little to no additive already in it. Also, do you possibly have some water in your fuel tanks. It doesn't take much to render the anti-gel nearly worthless.

• Like 1

in the month of November I drain the bottoms of my fuel tanks on all equipment that has a drain, then use "heat" to treat all other tanks to remove any water, Yellow bottle for gas ,Red bottle for diesel, after doing that I use the white power service and also add 30% stove oil to my bulk tank. then I only have to worry about which neighbor is going to call to have me get their gelled up crap running

• Like 1