b61t vin is serial number?

I' am going about the process of getting a PA title for my truck from a Connecticut BOS. Is the vin on a title the whole chassis number or just the serial number? Of course PA always wants to know the gcwr too and those things never seem to be stamped. post-2286-0-31583200-1446292469_thumb.jp

yup entire thing. im just throwing it out here but considering its tag from when headquarter was in Plainfield Nj, its a 59 and later truck. that and the vin number is a later one. I have never seen a B model door tag stamped with front or rear or gvw on it. don't know how they ever got away with that actually....

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

When I got my pa title off of a Vermont B.O.S.we put 73280 for gross combination. Mine is a single axle. And my title does use the whole #. Make sure you include a pencil etching of the vin tag. We put 3 etchings on 1 sheet of paper to make sure it was readable.

• Like 1

Anybody know why all the info was always left blank???

I always thought that since my Mixer was sold as a cab and chassis and the company that completed the install would add the data. Need kskarbel2 to chime in on that.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Make sure it matches the frame, here in the show me state, any out of state titled vehicle has to have the vin # verified, any vehicle must have a OD/ID check before filing for the new title.

I took the Superliner to a Official State Inspection Station and received a letter in the mail after I submitted for title, that they wanted it re-verified by the Highway Patrol. When I called and asked the DMV why (since it was done at an Official site that they recommend) they said because they can and asked if I had any more questions I said yes can I get my $12 back that I had to pay and then silence and than a voice said "if you would like to make a call please hang up and try again" I was pissed and called back and was on hold for 30 + minutes again, finally got another technician and she explained it was because the VIN# was not long enough and there would be no additional fees and the Highway Patrol has to verify.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Funny. As bearucratic as NY state is the DMV is very good. VIN is the B##T#### and she didn't blink an eye. Did not have to verify or trace, but showed her a picture of the tag. They don't title before 1971?, but do a transferable registration. For GVW she looked up the B75Ts she could find and told me how they were registered. Everywhere from 10,000 to 80,000 lbs.

Funny. As bearucratic as NY state is the DMV is very good. VIN is the B##T#### and she didn't blink an eye. Did not have to verify or trace, but showed her a picture of the tag. They don't title before 1971?, but do a transferable registration. For GVW she looked up the B75Ts she could find and told me how they were registered. Everywhere from 10,000 to 80,000 lbs.

so you can walk into the DMV in NY state with a BOS and a pic of the VIN tag and they will give you a registration? Will this registration transfer into a title in another state that requires them?

so you can walk into the DMV in NY state with a BOS and a pic of the VIN tag and they will give you a registration? Will this registration transfer into a title in another state that requires them?

Pre 1973 all NYS vehicles have a transferable registration only no title. I registered a 1968 Dodge D-100 with no paper work. I gave them a bill of sale, a tracing and picture of the VIN tag. NYS DMV issues a 6 month temporary non transferable registration. After 6 months with no hits the NYDMV issues a transferable registration good in any state.

I've since done that with every AC I bought with out any problems. Every one is registered as 7 1/2 ton GVW . My B mixer had a damaged VIN tag, I took a picture and tracing of it, a picture and tracing of the chassis # and was given NYS issued a VIN sticker with the MACK serial #. to put on door next to old tag.. NYS is pretty Old Car friendly.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here in GA you could walk into the tag office with a BOS written in crayon on tree bark, walk out with a reg/tag within 5 minutes ;). Says right on the reg "non titled" ("85 and down that is) . After that it can be reg'd anywhere...No pics, no proof ect...I LOVE GA :twothumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Here in GA you could walk into the tag office with a BOS written in crayon on tree bark, walk out with a reg/tag within 5 minutes ;). Says right on the reg "non titled" ("85 and down that is) . After that it can be reg'd anywhere...No pics, no proof ect...I LOVE GA :twothumbsup:

If you bring that GA vehicle into NC, that CAN become a problem! Had several folks do that. NC can be a real ^%#$& about out of state vehicles. If you have the title, not too much of a problem. But, if it is an older, "no title required" vehicle, NC requires lots of garbage...things like the last 2 owners' shoe sizes, DNA samples from the third owner's mother-in-law, urine samples from the last DMV agent to register it, and so on.

Had a guy do an old Harley that way a couple of years ago. I thought he was going to lose his mind before he finally got it done. Seems like his problem was that the registration the previous owner gave him was expired, and NC wanted a valid one. Eventually, they make you buy a bond (not that unusual for an out of state vehicle) and do a title search. Not sure why they don't just do that up fornt, and be done with it.

Eventually, you do get a nice, shiny NC title. But it can be a BEAR. The good news is, once you get an NC title, it is accepted as gospel, all the way up to the pearly gates.

Acquaintance of mine from the DMV says this all went into effect several years ago because NC had become a hot bed of stolen cars trafficing, chop shops, forgeries, and such. I guess we used to be TOO easy. So, in typical bureaucratic fashion, they seem to have gone completely overboard in reaction to it.

A friend of mine actually moved his car salvaging business to TN, because they are much more "understanding" about that type of thing than NC is.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."