Road Check Week Questions

68-f-model

Does the DOT target non commercial vehicles during road check week?

I am ask because I have a 30 foot fifth wheel flat bed to go pick up 60 miles from home.

Will I be hassled if I take my log farm plated non commercial GMC C60 to go and pick it up?

Are they focused on weigh stations and major highways or are they out on the tiny two lane roads in the middle of no where search for the poor unlucky fellow?

Being bright orange probably doesnt help much. But it is under 26,000 GVW , 8.2 diesel, five speed but has hydraulic brakes. No names or number on doors of any kind. It maxes out at 45-50 mph (low geared) so it lives on back country two lanes.

Here is the truck.

post-19181-0-55887100-1433339284_thumb.j

Edited by 68-f-model

Check your DMV regs. In NYS, my farm tags allow me to go no more than 25 miles from farm. I can tow a trailer for product delivery, repair or purchase. NYS has a total vehicle length reg before I need a permit.

I'd go on line to your state DMV and DOT sight and get the regs.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

68 F model:

On the Interstate they stick to scale and rest areas where they have room to deadline trucks.. On the back roads it will depend on how active your state boys are?? and where they have the room to park and inspect trucks. Might be worth it to wait til next week!!

Paul:

In SC on anything with less than a 7500 pound Mfgr unladen weight we can use farm plates for "general and ordinary purposes"..Further than that you must be on farm usage. I have been to Fairbanks Alaska and back with my farm plated F-250. and my neighbor pulls a gooseneck hitch bull wagon to Missouri and back with his Dodge Ram 5500 all the time.

Brocky

68 F model:

On the Interstate they stick to scale and rest areas where they have room to deadline trucks.. On the back roads it will depend on how active your state boys are?? and where they have the room to park and inspect trucks. Might be worth it to wait til next week!!

Paul:

In SC on anything with less than a 7500 pound Mfgr unladen weight we can use farm plates for "general and ordinary purposes"..Further than that you must be on farm usage. I have been to Fairbanks Alaska and back with my farm plated F-250. and my neighbor pulls a gooseneck hitch bull wagon to Missouri and back with his Dodge Ram 5500 all the time.

I live in NY the land of no. THis is an anti farm state. Originally it was a 100 mile radius and no limits on load or trailers. The down state yuppies felt the slow moving farm vehicles were interfering with their weekends. Cumo amended the law.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Just cut off everything south of I-84, let it drift out to sea and SINK!!! Would cure a lot of problems!!

Same most every where. My self and two long time friends have a tad over 900 acres together in Fork Union Va. The new McMansion across from my access road has more lights around the house and property that an airport. My contact was last week when I was leaving to come back to NY with my Marmon. The King of the McMansion asked how often this truck is coming and going and about the dust from the recycle access road we put in. I was speechless. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Are they focused on weigh stations and major highways or are they out on the tiny two lane roads in the middle of no where search for the poor unlucky fellow?

Being bright orange probably doesnt help much. But it is under 26,000 GVW , 8.2 diesel, five speed but has hydraulic brakes. No names or number on doors of any kind. It maxes out at 45-50 mph (low geared) so it lives on back country two lanes.

Here is the truck.

well one things for certain you wont out run them or be able to hide from them

BIG ORANGE AND SLOW IM SURE YOU WILL BLEND RIGHT IN

Good luck maybe put it of for a week

Paul

Same most every where. My self and two long time friends have a tad over 900 acres together in Fork Union Va. The new McMansion across from my access road has more lights around the house and property that an airport. My contact was last week when I was leaving to come back to NY with my Marmon. The King of the McMansion asked how often this truck is coming and going and about the dust from the recycle access road we put in. I was speechless. Paul

You need to start mark your area of habitation.

For first put a Cat dozer with a mail box near the entrance, than you could make a "small" manure pool in the "back yard" not far from the main road and so on. After removing some shit in the future neighbours will be happy.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

You need to start mark your area of habitation.

For first put a Cat dozer with a mail box near the entrance, than you could make a "small" manure pool in the "back yard" not far from the main road and so on. After removing some shit in the future neighbours will be happy.

My Cat mail box holder will be down at my Va driveway in a month . . . re sprayed and relettered so it's bright and shinny :)

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

This set up was only a one time use just to get the trailer home over 99% dirt roads. Never even got over 30 mph .

The hitch was a 15,000 lb truck mount bolted to c channel fitted in the beds frame rails and through bolted.

Th f model is the new trailers actual intended power source.

post-19181-0-38729400-1433384133_thumb.j

Edited by 68-f-model
  • Like 2