Pictures of the Week

other dog

Great pixs, thanks. Don't you hate when they do dust control right after a nice cleaup. Our local landfill does that daily. They have a truck wash but it is recycled water and the concrete like dust is mixed in and hardens on the undercarriage making it a real chore to get off.

Saw this wild creature yesterday. We always called them a walking stick, I don't know if that's the official name for it. This is the biggest one i've ever seen.

Looks like a stick, eh?

And I saw this p.o.s. tiller yesterday-

I tried all day to get it started. I bought a Huskee lawn mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine in 2005 and from the day I got it until now i've never had to pull the rope more than twice and it starts. That was one reason I got the Huskee tiller. I pulled and pulled and pulled yesterday until I started to get a blister on my hand, and nothing. Took the plug out and pulled the rope, getting a good strong spark. Put new gas in it, took the air filter off and shot a little WD40 in the carb, nothing. Never hit a lick. I used it in the spring and it ran fine, probably has less than an hour total use since I bought it. And it's a piece of junk.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Cool goat's pics this time!

Eeeeh, no, I mean legs pics... Ok, all that above is cool anyway.

The stick bug is interesting creature, I have never seen them. Maybe they just don't used to get out of the woods in my area to be seen though.

And that contenkerous garden tool - I had no luck starting my second R-model recently.

It used to start and work good about 3-4 months back. 2 days back it didn't. There was enough fuel and enough starter revs.

Have no ideas what's wrong :idunno: The only cheer was I didn't need to pull a rope trying to fire it up.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Looks like you covered a lot of ground this week. I'd have been a bit hot under the collar about the truck getting dirty so quick, but I let those things get to me more than they should.

Did you Photoshop the IU pics? I see 11 college students and not a single one is texting!

The goats would think they'd died and gone to heaven if they were ever exposed to flat ground.

Jim

Looks like you covered a lot of ground this week. I'd have been a bit hot under the collar about the truck getting dirty so quick, but I let those things get to me more than they should.

Did you Photoshop the IU pics? I see 11 college students and not a single one is texting!

The goats would think they'd died and gone to heaven if they were ever exposed to flat ground.

Many were texting, but they weren't wearing short shorts.

Maybe Marvin the Martin could "sap" the tiller with his XP7Q space modulator ! As always thanks for the road trip, you save me a small fortune in fuel and airplane tickets!

I drained the gas tank, put new gas in it, took the carb. off, didn't see any dirt or trash in it, sprayed it out with WD40,still nothing. I didn't have any ether here. I guess if a new plug doesn't do anything i'll have to take it to a buffessional, but the plug was sparking good even when you pull the rope easy.

• Like 1

nothing more aggravating than those small engines,best thing they ever did for me was to start putting electric starters on the grain augers so at least I didn't have to yank on the damn rope 20 times to get them to start. I'd like to have a $1 for everyone of those ropes I've pulled right out of the recoil.

• Like 2

nothing more aggravating than those small engines,best thing they ever did for me was to start putting electric starters on the grain augers so at least I didn't have to yank on the damn rope 20 times to get them to start. I'd like to have a $1 for everyone of those ropes I've pulled right out of the recoil.

Or best catch it on the wrong stroke and it recoils out of your hand. Breaks the damn puller off and goes in the engine. After chucking the damn knob halfway across the lot and a few choice words go hunt the damn knob back and pull it apart. But when I got my trailer pony motor was not happening. PTO

• Like 1

The fuel these days will screw up a wet dream. I have a snowblower, antique Jacobson. Used to be 2stroke, but finally gave up the ghost so I put a 3.5 BS on it 20 yrs ago. Ran great for many years. Never summerized it, always left gas in it. Always started within a couple pulls no matter what. Til about 2 yrs ago. It won't run for crap. Tried getting into the carb but the way the tank is mounted you have to dismantle the whole freak'n thing. Not. I got a plow for my Cub so I don't need the blower anyway so there it sits.

Gas today............SUCKS>

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Tiller update- I stopped in Appomattox on the way to Petersburg yesterday and got 2 new drive tires on the pickup. While I was there I picked up a can of starting fluid off the shelf. Got it out of the toolbox today and got the tiller out. I set the starting fluid down on the edge of the deck and pulled the rope one time before I tried the starting fluid, just to see what it would do.

Summich started right up.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tiller update- I stopped in Appomattox on the way to Petersburg yesterday and got 2 new drive tires on the pickup. While I was there I picked up a can of starting fluid off the shelf. Got it out of the toolbox today and got the tiller out. I set the starting fluid down on the edge of the deck and pulled the rope one time before I tried the starting fluid, just to see what it would do.

Summich started right up.

That's some powerful stuff.

Jim

The tiller saw the can but misread it.....thought it said whoop ass!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"