Florida's Finest

hatcity

Well, The State of Florida disbanded the actual DOT and made all FHP DOT "certified"

She was sitting at the landfill and pulled me over. Get my reg. and insurance papers, reaching to get my wallet for License and med card.

She asks "Do you have an updated insurance form?. this one expired on 12/14"

Me-"HUH?"

"Oh wait, we aint into December yet. Nevermind"

Truck was facing the morning sun and she is trying to figure out if the cab lites were on.

then she gigged me for two tires low on tread

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Sounds like our new DMV guys. Heard some stories. One pulled over one of our trucks. Driver saw him going the other way and he did a U turn and pulled him over. Says "you look a bit overloaded" so the driver told him to look at the ticket sitting on the seat and that the permit is in the folder behind it. Didnt ask for anything else. Didn't care if it was insured or registered. Just thought it was a bit overloaded. When he was happy with that he says "im a new old guy" and starts laughing and walks away. State Police on the other hand.... Had one tell us our truck wasn't within its inspection. On the inspection sticker it says "Date completed" he couldn't get that through his mind that the inspection was just completed and still good. Trying to explain that to the prosecutor was even worse. Wanted us to the bring the door of the truck in so he could say it even thought he brought a sample sticker. Its getting worse with these town cops trying to be truck inspectors now too. They try to write tickets for legal stuff.

• Like 1

Matt

I hope they don't do that in this crooked state of Illinois. It's bad enough all the local cops can pull you over and claim

that you "look heavy" (duh, of course it's heavy, its a truck) but I don't think a truck could make it through N. ILL without

getting pulled over 15 times a day for some money raising infraction.

she just told me get the tires fixed.

Forgot- she saw the fire "stinguisher then axed-yes she said that- where da box is

?

Da box, da box thing

I showed her my lunch box, then slid it up so she could see the box of triangles.

its empty, but she don't know

"Aint nobody got time fo dat"

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Going back several years ago I got stop by a DMV Sargent and he gave me and my unit 1.25 hr inspection on my 1978 Mack and my 1970 Fruehauf trailer dump after all that he ask who does my work .But said I Didn't have enough side reflective tape ,I told him the company I last work for was Gulf oil you should of seen the look on his face he said I put 3 of their units OOS and he told them pump them off for loose coupler bolts . Wile waiting for my paper work I .ask him if he did a inspection on state Expedition because he was missing a valve cap on his front tire ,I told him gulf don't need mech. any more they seem it was smart move .$$$

Ed

We have a newly built scale near the Prince William County, VA landfill just off Rt 234. Mostly the state troopers (now and then the county) pull the trucks over and bring them to the scale for weigt and inspection. They are equal opportunity, I have seen everything from refuse haulers to pickups with a cube of bricks. Their favorites seen to be the F 550s loaded down pulling a trailed piece of equipment.

It was a local township cop that wrote me that $6,000 overweight ticket in Pa. Just sitting there on that short section of road that had a ten ton weight limit. Had the portables with him too. It's all about the money.

Had a state DOT ociffer pull me over in Bedford,Va. last week. He checked my paperwork and didn't find any violations, but he had that a-hole attitude like "I know you're a criminal,because you're driving this truck- I just don't know what you're guilty of yet". It's all about the money- they see a truck, they see dollar signs.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hey Bill how'd you ever make out with that, anyways???

Todd and Jeff Moore drove all the way to Evans City to go to court, I parked the truck at a rest area on 79 and rode with them. Long story short, after the main defense argument failed, Todd told them he was looking for any leniency he could get, and they reduced the fine from $6,357.00 to $1,800 and something. So it was well worth a 400 mile drive in the Navigator to save $4,000.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.