My wifes enlightenment

41chevy

Hey Paul, who does your wife-nurse work for? Mine works for St. Lukes VNA here in the Bethlehem/Allentown Pa. area.

Nurses. I can't get the hell away from them. Mom was a nurse. Dated many throughout my firefighting/EMS career (mostly ER nurses...) first ex wife is a nurse.....Then dated a few more......Now wife number two is a nurse.....How in the hell did THAT happen??? LOL

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Hey Paul, who does your wife-nurse work for? Mine works for St. Lukes VNA here in the Bethlehem/Allentown Pa. area.

Nurses. I can't get the hell away from them. Mom was a nurse. Dated many throughout my firefighting/EMS career (mostly ER nurses...) first ex wife is a nurse.....Then dated a few more......Now wife number two is a nurse.....How in the hell did THAT happen??? LOL

She works for The Visiting Nurse and Hospice Service of Suffolk County. She's one of the Staff RN's for Eastern Suffolks North Fork area. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That is funny and I thought I might have been the only person doing that. I've married and dated Bankers. Now a school teacher. School teachers are taking all kinds of crap in this country. But at least this woman has a heart i'm now dating.

mike

Remember apprenticeships. You work along side to learn your trade which earned there respect then your wage if they were good enough. If not they were moved on to some thing else.

Apparently now, you come out of school, do an internship and than start at the very top rung of the ladder. Seem to me all they learn now is how to push off responsibility for their mistakes or lack of knowledge on other people, text and whine. IMO Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I dated a teacher once....Picked her up when doing a Fire Prevention Program at the school she was teaching at. I liked her, whenever I did something wrong, she made me do it over again.

post-3242-0-04210600-1403907529.jpg

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

I dated a teacher once....Picked her up when doing a Fire Prevention Program at the school she was teaching at. I liked her, whenever I did something wrong, she made me do it over again.

[/quote

Yes but even when I do things right she makes me do them over again.

mike

Randy, You sound like a bug that keeps flying into a light. I've always had real contempt for authority figures, so I married the Principal.

Paul, Will you be at the Long Island Truck Show in two weeks?

All depends I guess. Nurses like anything else - some good, some bad.

My middle daughter graduated 6 months ago with a DNP (Doctor of Nurse Practice) and is now a CRNA (Nurse Anesthetist.) Knock you out for surgery and bring you back.

7 years of really tough, no bullshit college course work you can't fake your way through. And she has $150K student loan debt since they get no pay during internship and have to cover their own cost of living.

The really good news, her first job starting pay is $85. / hour with as many hours as she wants. Yowza. I'm sure as hell not smart enough that I could ever do what she did and we are super proud of her. Glad there is at least one smart one in the family. ;-)

Randy, You sound like a bug that keeps flying into a light. I've always had real contempt for authority figures, so I married the Principal.

Paul, Will you be at the Long Island Truck Show in two weeks?

That the one a MacArthur airport? I'll usually go to admire the Peterbilts ;(

P.T.CHESHIRE

Nurses! my wife is also an RN,senior in charge of the nursing staff at an area hospital specializing in pediatrics,she is also in charge of training all new nurses in procedures,ethics,patient care etc. Almost ALL the new nurses fresh out of school have some type attitude according to her,"not my job" "why do I have to do that?" etc. thank god I married a Jersey Girl with attitude of her own! "because I EFFING told you to do it,thats why!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mrs Vision is like me,very little tolerance for BS! especially at the workplace! Its true though,they all feel they deserve top pay,all the perks,right out of the gate,my beloved yankee wife has sent more then a few home crying,or thinking of a career change!...........................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That the one a MacArthur airport? I'll usually go to admire the Peterbilts ;(

Paul, It's this one...........

July 12 and 13 ATHS Long Island Chapter 13th Annual Show
Antique, Classic and Working Truck Show held in conjunction with the Long Island Antique Power Associations 22nd Annual Antique Engine Run and Antique Farm Tractor Show and Pull
Riverhead, NY At the Hallockville Museum Farm, 6038 Sound Ave.

I'm always at that show with my Ferguson Tractor. I tend to block out the L.I. ATHS because of their elitist attutude of who is welcome in their chapter. But I'll be there both days. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Huh !

Maybe that is why my friends are 50 to 70 years old.

And I'm 35

I try to learn all I can from older guys .

Most guys my age and younger don't want to even work

Talk about restore an old truck. Cut/ weld/ machine anything

No clue .

Don't care ah just junk gramps old mack and the toolbox

Full of vintage snap-on and mack tools he busted his ass to get (oh wait put the tools on ebay ! )

Wtf is wrong with people Ok enough I don't want to get started bitching bout our future!

Steve

I'm 35 and have very few friends within 5 years of my age, most are over 40. I got nothing in common with most of the lazy ass hand it to me club crowd. I've worked my ass off my whole life, never been on unemployment, never been out of work more than a week, folks 5 years younger than me drive me nuts.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"