taadahh

gearhead204

Lucky. 1000 dollar wrecker bill. Or dumping the hole thing up side down.

F**ckin whoops!! You're right, could have been worse. Wonder if the road gave out under him or he cut it too close.....

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

"But the App on my I pad told me to make a sharp right turn here".

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

they were waiting on the second wrecker when I took the pics, the road did not give way, this looked like he forgot he was pulling a trailer,

"Oh yea!!!the TRAILER....I wondered what that was back there....."

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Seeing this picture/thread....I have a question.....How much "twist" can a trailer/fifth wheel take?

At the rear of the barn I have a small sloping bank about 3' above the side road that is used as an entrance. I normally use the rear entrance and pull around the barn to the parking area. I swing the truck to the far side of the road and turn left into the entrance. I also tried to "take it at an angle" keeping the truck/trailer as straight as possible. However, I eventually need to turn the truck left to continue into the entrance. Of course the trailer is still at an angle and comes up over the bank which is slightly steeper than the entrance. The rear entrance is not used much and is covered with grass. I go slow but fast enough to prevent loosing traction in the grass. Attaching a pic of the area and approach. The entrance is at the end of the "pole shadow".

When I returned from Macungie, I decided to pull into the main entrance and turn around behind the barn. What a frickin' nightmare!!! I did get it turned around but had to pull/back about 20 times. Not much area to manuver. And then there are those ruts from manuvering on the soft grass.

post-3289-0-68085100-1403652749_thumb.jp

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Seeing this picture/thread....I have a question.....How much "twist" can a trailer/fifth wheel take?

IMO going "straight in" to your back drive puts more stress into the box. Probably won't cause any harm unless the trailer is fully loaded with Geritol.

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Hey farmer they can handle a lot more then you would think. As for your yard, the thing to watch is when the trailer gets close to the drive tires. Just like the pic it will pinch them to the ground and then its time call a wrecker. As long as your not going to roll over or spin the tires from pulling the trailer the truck can take it.

• Like 2

I think that K&B hires only complete dopes. They run a bunch of trucks out of Sara Lee just south west of me and I swear

each driver is dumber than the next. One of the guys was parking in my town for awhile. Left the truck running up town for

three days straight in 40 degree weather. I don't think he was even in the truck the whole time.

A couple a years back a USA Truck got lost in my necka the woods up here in Hunterdon county NJ with a 53 -102, so this guy gets on one a the back roads and goes over a one lane bridge.................I guess U know whats commin next. Well he gets the front ax a the tractor over then catches the trailer tandems on the back end a the bridge, pulls the bridge off a the foundation!! Bridge an trailer in the water!

BULLHUSK

PS 5 ton bridge about 100 yrs old...Loaded trailer 40,000 on board! just a little more then a horse an buggie

• Like 1

Hey farmer they can handle a lot more then you would think. As for your yard, the thing to watch is when the trailer gets close to the drive tires. Just like the pic it will pinch them to the ground and then its time call a wrecker. As long as your not going to roll over or spin the tires from pulling the trailer the truck can take it.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I was concerned about bending/breaking the trailer pin or putting undue stress on the fifth wheel. The only spinning is when I am pulling uphill in the grass. I try to take the slope at a shallow angle rather than a sharp turn.

BTW, on the return trip home, the trailer is empty of Geritol. :tease:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"