Stupid Dealers

rsb502

Are dealers really this stupid? I actually had a local Mack salesman tell me I knew more about mack trucks than he did, apparently its pretty common. I found a CHN with a Caterpillar engine at a Mack dealer and 3 R600 Macks at a Mack dealer, they were an R700L, U model and CH, does this just bother me?

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5149391

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yup, pretty sad.

The seller wants to move the item for top dollar usually and then they don't take a minute to use GOOD photos and an ACCURATE description of the unit's specifications.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Yup, pretty sad.

The seller wants to move the item for top dollar usually and then they don't take a minute to use GOOD photos and an ACCURATE description of the unit's specifications.

That's part of the problem. The ad person when they're not snapping a few pics and filling in the computer generated form, most likely is the dealership gofer. On the salesman side, no knowledge of the item only how much commission is in it for them.

A prime example is Home Depot. To work in a department like Tools, Electrical or Hardware Home Depot requires a Degree in Marketing NOT practical Knowledge of the things you are selling. Vehicle sales is measured on sales drive, not knowledge of what you sell. That's is long gone. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

We have a salesman at our local dealer that used to sell adds for the farm journal. Now he sell trucks (I guess it's the same thing right). I overheard him one day asking the parts guy about suspensions because he had no idea. It ridiculous if you ask me.

Went I bought my D-150 in 1988 the salesman asked me "what are you going to use it for?" and than made suggestions of how to option it out. When I went to Dodge uh RAM two weeks ago with a list of specs for a 2500 4x4 from the Dodge site, the salesman had to find out if the stuff was available... took about 3 phone calls and finally to the Dodge Ram site. Freely admitted he knew nothing about truck sales. His previous position was arranging financing. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Doesn't go far to instill a lot of confidence in the dealership though, still better than the Ford and GMC dealers I went to. More truck for less money. Spec'd out to $33,000 less tax and charges, with rebates and discounts went down to $25,800 less tax and charges. Paying cash the dealer eliminated the transportation and dealer prep charges. Salesman crapped himself when I opened up a brown paper bag and gave him a $6500 dollar deposit. Priceless

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

the stupidity goes far & beyond the sales dept. Mack - Vulva - Hino dealer somewhere in New York state :whistling: Had a GM that was proud to say that he did NOT schidt about any truck, especially the ones they were selling, the former parts manager came from a car dealer sales lot, the last service manager to get canned came from the local HUMMER dealer, not a mechanic in any way, and one of the 2 salesmen was a DJ before selling Mack & Vulvas......

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

Nice!

Cash is good. Might as well spend it while it is still has some value.

As always, pictures and specs will be needed of your new rig.

6 to 8 weeks it'll be one of the last 2014 models.

Funny with this thread, I went to the NAPA store a little while ago and asked for a pair of group 34 batteries for my Dodge. The counter person asked me if I knew what the part number was (?). The computer didn't go back to 1988. My question was "they are group 34 batteries you don't have any?" He told me " I need an application to get a part number from the computer but my truck is too old and not listed".

P.T.CHESHIRE

6 to 8 weeks it'll be one of the last 2014 models.

Funny with this thread, I went to the NAPA store a little while ago and asked for a pair of group 34 batteries for my Dodge. The counter person asked me if I knew what the part number was (?). The computer didn't go back to 1988. My question was "they are group 34 batteries you don't have any?" He told me " I need an application to get a part number from the computer but my truck is too old and not listed".

well the good news is its not just over in the states were this crap happens the first thing any of them ask is whats it for as if that makes any difference its a battery gods sake how hard is it sales man experts it gets to the stage I dread going to see these fools

Paul

Our local MACK dealer-the service Manager was a salesman first.

don't know shit from shinola

I agree with Hatcity, took a 2010 Mack pinnacle CXU 613 with 340k miles for a test drive. Loaded with plants 9k lbs close to jacksonvill a loud bang and all Xmas lights came on. Turns out blow up the air compressor. After towed to the local dealer I was told no parts in stock. I'm pissed have a load of plants to deliver. Now here it's comes! The sales guy who try to sell me the truck told me it was a CAT problem! Called in to bring my MH left the broken truck at the dealer and end of the deal.

I love going into auto parts places for stuff, most of the time its for work, so it will be for a backhoe or [piece of railroad equipment. Ill ask for what I need, theyll say "what is it for" ill say, "you wont list it I just need this item", "I have to look it up", "ok its a 1995 Harsco Jackson 6700M tamper"....the look of bewilderment and utter duh huh as they start to type and then trail off is awesome. I went to the Mack dealer a couple years ago and was talking to one of the new kids on the block, he said I needed a new truck, I said "why mine pulls better than the new ones", he said "no way, the MP10 is the biggest engine Mack has ever made itll outpull anything", I said, "not a good running E9", he said "you mean an E7 and its waaay bigger than an E7" I said " no I mean an E9 and if you werent born after they stopped building them you would know what Im talking about" He got upset and walked away, lol!

REMINDS ME OF THE DAY I WAS AT OUR LOCAL FORD DEALER CHECKING OUT A CAR I THINKING ABOUT BUYING! THE SALESMAN COMES OVER, "CAN I HELP YOU?" YEAH,JUST CHECKING THIS OUT! HE GOES ON WITH THE USUAL DRIBBLE, I DON'T SAY TOO MUCH! HE STARTS TO TELL ME HOW THE GUY THAT OWNS THE DEALERSHIP IS BUILDING A CAR UP FOR A CHARITY RUN, TELLS ME IT'S A '71 AND GOTTA V8 IN IT! OH YEAH, 351 OR 302? "IT'S A 302 CLEVELAND/WINDSOR" HE SAYS. MY REPLY WAS "SHIT, MATE I'LL HAVE TO CHECK THAT OUT" "DON'T THINK I'VE SEEN ONE" I LEFT! :whistling:

:mack1:

LOL. Try getting parts for older "first generation" John Deere's. You see, JD had the foresight to "reuse" older model numbers. Try explaining that to a 25 year old parts guy. Yes JD did make a 5020 back in the 60's. A GOOD PARTS PERSON IS WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!