1956 Mack B42x delivery

I have the engine in stock complete from carb to exhaust to put a 413 gasser in her. complete factory repower from Mack, has about 100 miles on brand new moto actually. took it out of my truck that was repowerd. might cost ya to ship it to Mi tho...

post-6-0-83467600-1400981886_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

If ya can't find 'em, grind 'em

sounds like he wasn't bringing it up high enough

It sounds that way. My 671 works well with shifting at 2000, falls back to 1700 and head off again to 2000.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I have the engine in stock complete from carb to exhaust to put a 413 gasser in her. complete factory repower from Mack, has about 100 miles on brand new moto actually. took it out of my truck that was repowerd. might cost ya to ship it to Mi tho...

there ya go! PBR when they were on Grove st in Newark NJ had 2 or 3 a those R 400's with the 413 and they would load them up with over an under beer cans an bottles (a lot a weight there) and they would pull there ass off in the land fill! an the drivers loved them they had a 5 speed with a 2 speed rear

BULLHUSK

PS I'll tell ya what if you don't want that thing I might by it for my C900 Dodge dump

• Like 1

i say pull out all the plugs and shoot in a buncha auto transmission fluid in all the cylinders and let it sit for a couple days then try to turn the motor with a screw driver using the flywheel teeth you can have that starter rebuilt by any generater shop and plugs and points are usually available for lots of oldies,,,may be a bad silanoid...good luck....i would try to save the motor first.....nice looking ride,,,,great color...good luck..bob

i say pull out all the plugs and shoot in a buncha auto transmission fluid in all the cylinders and let it sit for a couple days then try to turn the motor with a screw driver using the flywheel teeth you can have that starter rebuilt by any generater shop and plugs and points are usually available for lots of oldies,,,may be a bad silanoid...good luck....i would try to save the motor first.....nice looking ride,,,,great color...good luck..bob

What about the snapped rod,maybe trim off the excess? :lol:

• Like 1

Uhhhhhhhh perhaps you missed the part about the rod through the block?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

You guys are a blast, sounds like skys the limit. Dont sound like the straight 5 trans is not very universal. I never thought about the dt466, or detroit 71 or 53 series. I do have a 2000 5.9 cummins, 1988 dt466, in very good shape to but part of me wants to keep original. I am supposed to start on this project this fall and am trying to get all my ducks in a row. Its hard, I want to pull the engine out now.

Wow, not many miles on it. Do you know what the hp difference from the 401 is and is it a clean bolt in were everything will match up. Like I said, dont know much about the gasser's. Has it been sitting a while since pulled. That may be a great option for me.

its a direct bolt in. I have all the brackets, motor mounts exhaust pipes even the muffler. only thing that needs to be done is tri 1/4 out of the top rail of frame about 2'' long and move the steering box over. I have the cut down spacer for it also. of course you could put headers on it and wouldn't have to screw with the steering box. id make anyone a good deal on this complete package if they are interested. its set up for a Trd67 series tranny with #2bell housing but I have an adapter plate for a TRd77 series for a lil extra if someone is serious. 401 was 150hp. the 413 was rated at 200-220. we had one in a 66 R model with a 18 speed double over quad and everyone says its an animal.

• Like 1

its a direct bolt in. I have all the brackets, motor mounts exhaust pipes even the muffler. only thing that needs to be done is tri 1/4 out of the top rail of frame about 2'' long and move the steering box over. I have the cut down spacer for it also. of course you could put headers on it and wouldn't have to screw with the steering box. id make anyone a good deal on this complete package if they are interested. its set up for a Trd67 series tranny with #2bell housing but I have an adapter plate for a TRd77 series for a lil extra if someone is serious. 401 was 150hp. the 413 was rated at 200-220. we had one in a 66 R model with a 18 speed double over quad and everyone says its an animal.

Thanks maddog, let me think about it. Is that set up for air compressor

How about a 671,nice sized engine for a B :twothumbsup: .

That doesn't sound like a 6-71 to me, more like a 8V-71 with a turbo, especially with one stack. Pulling roadtrains with a 6-71 would be tough...

Nice B-model, however you repower it, Jessecam.

has an air compressor... it was in my truck which was originally a B613T that some idiot repowered with a gas job. and went thru a lot of work to do it. nothing wrong with the engine, just dunno why someone would go thru all the work, has a belt driven air compressor. engine is complete, on a stand from carb to pan. has full exhaust with muffler and the motor mounts. had a trd77 5 speed direct behind it with a 3 speed brownie box and an 8.24 rear end. was set up to spray tar. Tar Asphalt Corp oned it in Utica Ny.think they bought my truck, and a wrecked B42 and made one truck out of two.