" Mack Titan Unveiled! " - Video And Photos!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if the Australian Superliner grille will fit? If so, I might be ordering some from down under!

Will take my tape measure on Tuesday Barry, have to go our Mack dealer so might scoot round the front and have a measure of the grille size and let you know.

Will take my tape measure on Tuesday Barry, have to go our Mack dealer so might scoot round the front and have a measure of the grille size and let you know.

That would be great! Thanks, Chris!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

That would be great! Thanks, Chris!

Barry,

How are the swithes/togos holding up on these dashes? My new 08 Pinnacle is really a sweet rig but I have to say I am a little disappointed with the switches especially at night. And I cannot understand this one but the CD/radio has a yellow/green light panel and swithes blue. Looks like @#$%^ at night in the cab. You would think the Mack designers would pay better attention to details.

Barry,

How are the swithes/togos holding up on these dashes? My new 08 Pinnacle is really a sweet rig but I have to say I am a little disappointed with the switches especially at night. And I cannot understand this one but the CD/radio has a yellow/green light panel and swithes blue. Looks like @#$%^ at night in the cab. You would think the Mack designers would pay better attention to details.

We've replaced a few rocker switches here and there, but overall they seem to be holding up. Agree on the color scheme! The little details make a product that much better...

bmodel_logo.png

And I cannot understand this one but the CD/radio has a yellow/green light panel and swithes blue. Looks like @#$%^ at night in the cab. You would think the Mack designers would pay better attention to details.

You'll be "GLAD" to hear improvements are coming soon.

I wonder if the Australian Superliner grille will fit? If so, I might be ordering some from down under!

Got some pics of a 2007 Superliner grille hear Barry, not sure how much difference there is with the '08 models. This was a new Superdog in November. Spoke with the owner today as I do his servicing and he seems to agree with me that the Superdog and Titan share the same bonnet, or are very close. And as usual after a long weekend, was chaos today so when I finally escaped, I forgot the piece of paper I wrote the measurements on. And surprisingly, there were no '08 Superdogs or Titans at the dealer today either. All on order I was told.

post-2107-1206437961_thumb.jpg

post-2107-1206438019_thumb.jpg

post-2107-1206438063_thumb.jpg

post-2107-1206438117_thumb.jpg

post-2107-1206438164_thumb.jpg

post-2107-1206438192_thumb.jpg

Made this video. Hope you like it.

Looks good! Nice work!! :thumb: Thanks for making it!

Thanks for the pics, Chris...now we need to get a good look at our Titan to see if it will fit!

bmodel_logo.png

I'm reserving final judgement till I see one in person,but it don't look too bad from the pics.The thing I'm really disappointed in is the name "Titan".Chevy had the Titan 90 from '69 till the '80's and Nissan has a Titan pickup,2 real winners to share a name with if you ask me. Superliner III would have been a far more logical choice in my book.

I'm reserving final judgement till I see one in person,but it don't look too bad from the pics.The thing I'm really disappointed in is the name "Titan".Chevy had the Titan 90 from '69 till the '80's and Nissan has a Titan pickup,2 real winners to share a name with if you ask me. Superliner III would have been a far more logical choice in my book.

TITAN is a true Mack name if you ask me. Chevy titan? Yea, sure, what ever. Nissan Titan....WTF! Mack TITAN oh yea :thumb:

Now all we need is the Bigfoot!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I was at CONEXPO on the last two days. I saw the new Titan and I thought it had an awful lot of Volvo influence in the styling. I hope it looks better in daylight than it did at the show. Those air cleaners kind of put me off. I really did not care for it though. If that is what I wanted I would go buy a Volvo.

I did have a wonderful time "arguing' with the gentleman at the outside exhibit over the new MP engines. He tried to convince me that the MP was a Mack engine and not Volvo but he did agree that Volvo had some influence and that the engineering was done in the Mack facility. He was a really nice guy and unlike most he really knew his stuff. Some people at trade shows could do a little bit of studying their product before they attend. We could not get anyone at the Titan exhibit to even talk to us.

If you want to see something odd looking, check out the new International premium offering. It loks like a toy.

I guess I'm not a fan of the new designs.

I hear there is a very strong possibility that a metal hood will be released for the Titan. I also have first hand knowledge that I can just about sit on the rear of the engine with the cab on an the hood closed and still have room under the dog house.

I hear there is a very strong possibility that a metal hood will be released for the Titan. I also have first hand knowledge that I can just about sit on the rear of the engine with the cab on an the hood closed and still have room under the dog house.

I heard that too...lots of headroom for air cooling??

bmodel_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the pics Barry :clap: Superdog mentioned the name....I know my local dealers kept telling the Mack reps to call it a Superliner when word first come out about it, but it didn't happen. You'll never equal the legend, but the name might of helped sales of the new one? I agree with Aus Chris, they should have kept the Aussie air intake stacks. How hard to service the filters? I heard they are under the cab? Still better than the underhood filters. Anyone have any experience with the 600 Volvo's? I heard they perform well, but they'll still never equal an E9. :notworthy:

I do like the new interiors. I've been looking at some Granites. I love the paw print floor mats.

I was ready to sell the "binder" when I saw the Titan, but I keep hearing horror stories of the new pdf equipped motors? There's just too much to go wrong with these new trucks.

I can't wait until April 17th. I'll be at Truck World in Toronto, Ontario drooling all over that Titan. Between it and the new International Lonestar, I don't think I'll even notice what else is at the show. :banana::chili:

Anyone think Mack will ever offer their own version of the volvo I-Shift auto trans with the MP10. Also wonder if the upcoming Maxidyne version of the MP10 605 will have even more h.p. or torque? That's a combo i'd like in the Titan. :rmod_dump:

Anyone think Mack will ever offer their own version of the volvo I-Shift auto trans with the MP10. Also wonder if the upcoming Maxidyne version of the MP10 605 will have even more h.p. or torque? That's a combo i'd like in the Titan. :rmod_dump:
At a Mack meeting our of our salesman was told that the I-shift tranny was in such high demand overseas that they could barely build enough and it would be awhile before they would be offered in the Macks.

Yea I wonder too since the D16 when first bought to the states was rated at 625HP and 2250 ft/lbs! EPA 2007 killed that rating but it might make a comeback.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 2 weeks later...
:mack1: Well I had realy been waiting on the old girl and here she is what will the OTR version look like I have pics of the new aussie titan and trident but i believe that they only had the 500hp MP-8. Yes fellas they're rated at 500hp in the land down under I'll try to upload the pics. I like the front end better on the aussie Macks but I cann't wait to test drive one and maybe buy an OTR version with complete MACK drive line.

post-2321-1209211951_thumb.jpg

post-2321-1209211981_thumb.jpg

post-2321-1209212021_thumb.jpg

post-2321-1209212155_thumb.jpg

Edited by mackdaddy1911a1

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

:D Yeah saw the Titan at Truckworld in Toronto. Wow what a great truck. Was sure worth waiting for!

I guess Mack is back in the heavy end of the truck market!! Let's hope the MP10 performs as good as the old E9 did.

looks like a Granite OR GRANITE SETBACK on Steriods :o

later

:mack1:

• 3 weeks later...
TITAN is a true Mack name if you ask me. Chevy titan? Yea, sure, what ever. Nissan Titan....WTF! Mack TITAN oh yea :thumb:

Now all we need is the Bigfoot!

Is the perfect name for that kind of truck because it is a true TITAN for the MACK TRUCKS. Nissan should change their pick-up name to TINY after this BIG DOG MACK gets to the road!!!!

MACK TITAN

MACK SUPER LINER

MACK R Series

MACK # 1.

• 1 month later...
Has any of the Titan's rolled off the assembly line yet? I know while doing warranty paper work, they do have serial #'s assigned to the Titans. It looks like whoever buys TD713 vin 001004 will get the first one built.

Production starts very soon. The first trucks rolling off the line are for Mack.