Graduated from welding school

Timothy Maikshilo

Last Thursday my son Maxim graduated from Advanced Welding Institute with twenty Certifications.

We are very proud of his hard work and dedication to his studies. post-426-0-76698500-1394704077_thumb.jpg He also milked cows after school to help

with expenses and would get mad if we tried to give him money for food and gaspost-426-0-99845500-1394704183_thumb.jpg He's looking forward to the

future and new beginnings!post-426-0-61987600-1394704401_thumb.jpgpost-426-0-52962400-1394704435.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats to both of you and good luck to him. It is so great to hear about a young person choosing an educational path that will allow him to get a good job and make a living. Far too many young folks are getting college degrees in fields that will never lead to a real job other than "Hi; welcome to ..."

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The fortune teller was right. 'He'll be playing with hot sticks in multiple position' good thing he decided to go to welding school.

Congratulations Max.

You are right on the money and Max will weld for Uncle Jeff and Chume' anytime you need him ;)

Congrats to both of you and good luck to him. It is so great to hear about a young person choosing an educational path that will allow him to get a good job and make a living. Far too many young folks are getting college degrees in fields that will never lead to a real job other than "Hi; welcome to ..."

Thank you, we need more blue collar kids to keep this country moving!

He will do well in life,thanks to the values he got from home. Sure wish there was more like that. The schools here battled my grand son tooth and nail every day, for wanting to be a diesel mechanic. He stuck to his dream and did it like your son,on his own. Paul

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Congradulations to both you Tim and Son. He chose a good field where there will be plenty of options to choose from. As you said this great Country of ours cannot survive without the blue collar worker. We need a mix of both blue collar and suit and tie people like it used to be. Joe D.

• Like 2

just make sure his skills do the talking for a while, the old crew don't like a arrogant kid. with that said congrauts!

welding skills often keep me on the job while others were laid off. a farm boy can go damn near any were he wants, most people don't have such a diverse back ground at that age, nor the skills haven't found a contractor or shop owner that don't prefer a farm kid to employ.

Thank you! I've talked many hours over the years with Max on respecting your elders and being the new kid on the block you will get razzed a lot. Laugh along with it and you will fit right in. If you buck then they will eat you up. Watch, listen and learn. On the job training is the best way and something new everyday.

• Like 2

Congrats to you and Max,Tim! My son Alex,started working on the truck with me at 10 years old (same age I started greasing,washing,checking fluids,lights,tires,etc.). Although he took time for kid stuff,he always had the work ethic and knowledge in his back pocket. He is currently a mechanic at a major ski resort in Colorado & loving it. He continues his education and like you Tim, I am very proud of his success. We can't preach enough to the young people, a trade will get you far when not afraid to work for it! :twothumbsup:

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Congrats to you and Max,Tim! My son Alex,started working on the truck with me at 10 years old (same age I started greasing,washing,checking fluids,lights,tires,etc.). Although he took time for kid stuff,he always had the work ethic and knowledge in his back pocket. He is currently a mechanic at a major ski resort in Colorado & loving it. He continues his education and like you Tim, I am very proud of his success. We can't preach enough to the young people, a trade will get you far when not afraid to work for it! :twothumbsup:

Thank you! Nothing wrong with handing Dad wrenches and learning the different sizes. Learning that if it moves and pivots that it probably has a grease fitting. Hard work and nose to the grind stone. I've always told Max;"Don't ask what do you want me to do?" Ask, "What can I do for you now"! Nice to hear your son is enjoying his career too!

• Like 2

Congrats to Maxx. And you also Tim.

Like I told my boy when he started diesel school-Keep your eyes open, keep your ears open and your mouth shut. LOL

He is now working at a local DD/ Allison dealer and learning a lot that they don't teach ya.

For spending money, he started doing service work on my truck. That is what got his interest.

BTW-watch out for that ECD. (cougar)

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Congrats!! Welding is a great work field if you got the schooling under your belt! Too bad you don't live close, I absolutely hate welding but it's part of being a tractor/trailer mechanic. I'd hire you on in a heartbeat until you found a better jobber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Eastcoast! I'll let him know, Max likes this diesels too!

Congrats to Maxx. And you also Tim.

Like I told my boy when he started diesel school-Keep your eyes open, keep your ears open and your mouth shut. LOL

He is now working at a local DD/ Allison dealer and learning a lot that they don't teach ya.

For spending money, he started doing service work on my truck. That is what got his interest.

BTW-watch out for that ECD. (cougar)

Thank you Ed, sounds like you have a great kid too! I think a good up bringing with strong work ethics help. Max is partial to cats ;)

Congrats, Max.Look into getting yourself certified so that you will be able to work on pipeline and power plants.Friend of mine is certified and he never is out of work,one job finishes up the next one starts.Again congrats and good luck,my son is finishing up this May from college and is headed to law school.

• Like 1

Congrats, Max.Look into getting yourself certified so that you will be able to work on pipeline and power plants.Friend of mine is certified and he never is out of work,one job finishes up the next one starts.Again congrats and good luck,my son is finishing up this May from college and is headed to law school.

Thanks Mike, Max has his pipe certs. and is looking forward to using them. Good luck to your son in law school!