I can't believe I missed the show forgot all about it.  How was it did they have a good turn out?

Pretty good considering the weather was bi-polar most of the morning. Around 30 big trucks, bunch of smaller pickups such, probably 130 vehicles total. All in all, a great local show.

DSC02840-1024x535.jpg

• Like 1

DM i believe. Too bad parts got robbed off it is it in adams still? Kinda different too see one with those hubs up here i dont see them alot

Door tag read U. As of two weeks ago it was still in Adams, they had another auction and this truck was supposed to be in it. I didn't hang around but I doubt it was sold, they pushed this truck into the furthest corner of the property.

Probably made up from parts and pieces.  Those are really heavy spokes for a U model.

On 2/7/2016 at 7:40 AM, Maddog13407 said:

unfortunately all the Estes trucks I have seen around here lately have lost their cool colors and gone to 'garbage truck white' with just red wheels and a yellow stripe

The Estes terminal next door to where I work has some new KW's, all with the old stripes. Maybe the units you saw were bought used or part of an acquisition?

4 hours ago, j hancock said:

Probably made up from parts and pieces.  Those are really heavy spokes for a U model.

Yeah i agree id say newer cab also tan dash doesnt match them older style hubs. And looks like a DM frame also. 

Looks like a hand fabricated wrecker setup,good job though! Love the B73! Only truck I don't like is the midliner abortion,probably with the backasswords Renault Shifter.Had the thrill of delivering one a couple hundred miles to the Ryder shop in Pittsburgh.Don't believe they've earned the right to have the Mack name!

43 minutes ago, umodelnut said:

Yeah i agree id say newer cab also tan dash doesnt match them older style hubs. And looks like a DM frame also. 

Definitly a DM frame, must be a pretty early engine or whole running gear, has the old belt driven power steering pump.    terry

something with the U doesn't jive. those are B model style hub caps. around 1960 they came out with the flat style 6 and 8 hole front hub caps. looks like a front axle swap to me or maybe  a UCR???

Id be curious to see what the number on the frame says. Maybe a very early DM like 65-66. 

Geez, I had no idea I was looking at such a Frankenstein rig or I would have paid closer attention. Sadly, I think we may never know the answer.

I haven't been out that way in quite awhile its too bad the hood and rad are gone

Hoods probably newer too has the newer bigger Mack letters. I think its real old running gear like the beginnings of the DM and recabbed and re hooded

Ok, so we all agree that that U is not a U and maybe not even a DM....but what do we make of this setup?

27994241801_f79c58ba1e_b.jpg

• Like 1

It is an RD.  Interesting hood treatment!

Some one did a really nice job either fitting the radiator unit or replacing the WARD 79 steel nose.  

I have seen at least one other R model with the cast radiator and glass hood. believe it was white . cant remember where I saw it

On August 26, 2016 at 10:31 AM, DailyDiesel said:

Ok, so we all agree that that U is not a U and maybe not even a DM....but what do we make of this setup?

27994241801_f79c58ba1e_b.jpg

Actually just saw one like that the other day and it was a town of Leyden truck thats up by me. Whered you take this picture?