Hendrickson Vs Camelback Suspension!

Yes building I new Truck can anyone please tell me the difference between these two Suspensions? All I've had was camelback! I'm building a new truck and would like to know the Pros and Cons! I do all kind work whatever pay the bill asphalt, dirt, gravel, demo, slag LMF. Now that I'm getting a new truck I'm trying to get away from the landfill but it times get ruff I will go? Anyways you guys advice will be greatly appreciated! Many Thanks!!!

One more option you might consider is the Air-Link by Raydan Mfg. Walking beam suspension, but with airbags instead of a steel spring pack. They CLAIM that you can run with the bags dumped without damaging anything and doing so is similar to the rubber block suspension on mixers etc. For me, that would be the way to go because we use air gauges to judge how much we've got loaded to try to keep it legal. If I were doing more site work and air ride simply wasn't an option, I'd keep 'er all Mack...engine, trans, rears, and the camelback suspension.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Which Hendrickson? I run Hendrickson haulmaxx and I like it, it rides like crAp empty, smooths out with a load, and keeps the wheels on the ground in the messy stuff. The old rd has a straight walking beam from Hendrickson (can't think of the name), and it's pretty much the same. I've never had the fortune to run a truck with camelback, but I would think (and I've read) it is much the same with a better ride loaded.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

I'd go with the AR2 or what ever it is from Hendrickson. Cranes have been using them for years. Got the off roadability of walking beam and the ride of air ride. Next truck if ordered will have this. Also it distributes the axle better then air ride will ever do.

Just my 2 cents, but have had alot of diff. susp. in my tri-axle dumps over the years. Camelback is a good susp. , but high maint., changing elephant pads a couple times a year is a pain and costly. Now I am down to one CL with camelback and one with hendrickson.The on with hendrickson gives me less issues. All 3 of my new trucks (2014) I ordered with hendrickson HN susp., close to being the same as haulmax , but most coal trucks around here running it with less trouble then the haulmax. It is walking beam susp. that rides and handles better than spring and has no maint. due to the fact of it being rubber blocks with no center bushing. Also no springs or air bags to break.

Just my 2 cents, but have had alot of diff. susp. in my tri-axle dumps over the years. Camelback is a good susp. , but high maint., changing elephant pads a couple times a year is a pain and costly. Now I am down to one CL with camelback and one with hendrickson.The on with hendrickson gives me less issues. All 3 of my new trucks (2014) I ordered with hendrickson HN susp., close to being the same as haulmax , but most coal trucks around here running it with less trouble then the haulmax. It is walking beam susp. that rides and handles better than spring and has no maint. due to the fact of it being rubber blocks with no center bushing. Also no springs or air bags to break.

Your pads are worn out twice a year?

I have Hendrickson HN on my Western Star 2005 tri-axle dump. It is 46,000, 4.56 ratio 24.5 tall rubber. We do mostly asphalt work for Penna. State. a lot of high crowned steep twisting roads. It is about maintaince free as I ran mine since 2005 with no issues or repairs so far. It rides fairly well empty and when dumping on high pitched road does not lean. Driving loaded on twisting roads it does not lean like air ride. Do not confuse the newer HN with the old rubber block Hendrickson that rode like a 2X4 down the road.I had spring walking beam Hendrickson and 44,000 Mack Camelback. I prefer the HN in my opinion. Look at Wasre Management garbage trucks all of them in my area use the HN. And they count pennies. All are good but I prefer the HN with 4 rubber blocks mounted at an angle. Joe D.

The Raydan version advertises the ability to run with the airbags deflated without damaging the driveline...AR2 doesn't say whether driveline angles and such would be OK to drive on blown bags or not. Also, AR2 looks like it is only rated to 46K...Raydan can be spec'd to 84K. The AR2 also appears to be an "upgrade" for their walking beam suspensions...a dealer-installed upgrade rather than a factory spec'd suspension like the Raydan. Minor differences...or perhaps not so minor. Just based on the manufacturer's brochures, though, I'd go with the Raydan over the AR2 if an air-walking-beam was going on my truck...

135665920251f7f856af87a.pdf

45745-225f.pdf

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I really really really hate to say it, but look at the M ride too. I love camelback I've run them for years and years and they are great but the M ride(T Ride) does ride better, has better articulation and is lighter. I would be torn trying to decide between the two since I have gone over it a few times.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I know MightyFruit has decided his suspension choice. Has anybody else out there had any experience with Chalmers? My brother-in-law had it on his 357 Pete.I liked it.Especially when it came to rebushing time. Rode decent. Articulated like crazy. I seen a CL with it on a few years back. Just wondering.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I've looked at it several times, talked to people and pondered, its a couple hundred pounds lighter and rides smoother. I enjoy the Camelback reliability and how it works off road but I haven't heard anyone have issues with the t- M-Ride and it has some bonuses with weight, articulation and ride.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Chalmers seems to be standard equipment on most mixers around here. The pig farmer I worked for had at least one western star 4900 with Chalmers, driver preferred it over the Hendrickson haulmaxx on the other trucks.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....