ATHS Springfield,MO

b61mack

I was filling out my ATHS Springfield, MO. registration form and looking it over I saw they are charging $25 to get in the fairgrounds, $15 for the truck, what is this ( in- truck camping $25 a night ) what is this, are they charging $25 a night to stay in your own truck ???? if that's the case I wont be attending. Ron

B61

That is correct, supposedly to pay for the shower facility. BUT I am not sure how they will know if you sleep in your truck IF you do NOT tell them!!!!! Also One of the Board members is going to try an lower it to $10, the price a of a non fueling truck stop shower.

Brocky

Brocky

Compared to the ATCA show ATHS is far more expensive. Seems like they are striving for the "big boys" and don't care about the rest of us. Kind of makes me wonder where the admission money goes to.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Randy

You are right!! Most of the Executive Committee have "deep pockets" and/or a company to cover their costs, therefore they do not much care what it costs the one man, one truck collector.

Have not seen any figures for 2013 but before that they managed to spend $200,000 on putting on a show.

Brocky

Brocky

Compared to the ATCA show ATHS is far more expensive. Seems like they are striving for the "big boys" and don't care about the rest of us. Kind of makes me wonder where the admission money goes to.

Well - at one of the recent shows, the ATHS paid out $15,000 to give only the members that stayed at the host hotel free breakfasts.

Thanks Brocky, $10.00 sounds more fair, $ 50.00 for 2 nights is not going to break me but when you drive 500 miles I would rather put $50 fuel in the tank. 3 of us are plan on going would be cheeper to get a hotel but you would have to rent a car. Ron

Ron

If you can find a cheap motel within walking distance of the ones listed on the registration form you can get a $5, for the whole event, shuttle bus pass. I got reservations at Microtel which shows on the map as close?

Mike H

The sleep in truck bit started with Springfield Mass and the idiots (Mr J) made it the same as tent camping fee. Rick Knox is working to get it lowered but it will probably be like fighting a money hungry City Hall!!!!

Maddog

The one time $25 registration and name tag fee gets you into the show from Tues thru Sat. Spectator admission is $10 per day

Brocky

Brocky

• 4 months later...

how do you like that long hood big horse Volvo?

it is a really nice truck. 16 L 17 spd. I have driven it a lot. Drive the Pete all the time because the 5th wheel tow unit fits on it. The thing I will say for Brand V is that it is a Drivers Truck for creature comforts and turning radius. Dave

Got everything loaded and tied down,ready to head south in a few hours. Picked up some new show grounds transportation last week,didn't have alot of time to fix it up like I wanted,but I got a few personal touches added.Just hope it stays running,it had been sitting along time,a little cold blooded at first,but it was cheap and beats the hell out of walking.

attachicon.gif001.JPG

attachicon.gif002.JPG

attachicon.gif004.JPG

Wife says I gotta straighten up the front yard when I get home or no more vacations.

attachicon.gif003.JPG

. Super dog when you get ready to straighten up your front yard give me a shout......would be glad to help........bobby j.