starting to regret buyin my super

Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT JUST A MINUTE. I have the solution: Pull that worn out 4 stroke outta there. Go buy yourself a brand spankin new, government surplus, 550 HP 8V92TA for $3500 and drop it in there and you'll be good to go :twothumbsup:

Ben

you just need to be smacked a few times just for gp's lol

Where the hell is my Pepto Bismol...?

I couldn't of said it better myself

Junior- Does Mommy and Daddy know you are on the computer again when you should be doing your homework? The man needs an engine for a truck, not a goddamn lawn mower. Go away!

lmao. I swear it must be a mental thing or something.

True story. About six weeks ago I loaded hogs up north going to Beardstown,IL. I got passed twice by the same big Cat powered ,long hooded red oval nitemare,with 8 in. pipes,300 " wb,chicken lites all over,driver sitting on the floor,you know the type. I still backed into the chute at the packing house 5 minutes ahead of him.

We all know the kind fastest thing from Truck stop to rest area. Can't keep the left door shut. I can average 58 mph and knock out over 500 depending on what traffic,Curfews,weather and terrain do

I just got back from Charlotte, NC, I left here and drove down 24 to 75 then on to ATL to 285, then 85 north on to exit 33 and into the hotel parking lot before I ever opened the door 435mi in 6hrs 15 minutes, I bet I passed the same guy 4 times on the way. Why is it so damn hard for people to keep that left door shut? is it a problem of bladder size, eating disorder, irritable bowel syndrome?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I just got back from Charlotte, NC, I left here and drove down 24 to 75 then on to ATL to 285, then 85 north on to exit 33 and into the hotel parking lot before I ever opened the door 435mi in 6hrs 15 minutes, I bet I passed the same guy 4 times on the way. Why is it so damn hard for people to keep that left door shut? is it a problem of bladder size, eating disorder, irritable bowel syndrome?

I can this for me. the only time I might not get with the program is if my stomach is going nuts. Then it might be rest area to ts to rest area. Been there done that and it sucked

8V92 IN A TRUCK W/ MY NAME ????????? I JUST THREW UP MY DINNER !!!!

A Green Leaker in a Bulldog Should be against the law !! ;)

Mike : Our 77' DM685S Tandem dump was gear bound about 60 mph . Our 87' R688S Tandem Dump was gearbound about the same . Weather it was myself , my granddad or 1 of his drivers we would get passed by the K Whoppers & Red oval Dump buckets on the road BUT we were steady w/ em & pulled in the jobsites & pit both with 5 minutes or less behind them BUT They couldn't walk in a lot of the Soft ground where Red Dog (DM ) & Red sleigh Would go . (R Model named that cause the regular driver looked like a thin santa)

Seen Ole Red Dog put 25 Tons of 57 Limestone in muddy ground more than once & walk back out more than once as the same of the Red Sleigh . Then those Brand X Trucks w/ walking beams or rubber block suspension have to get pulled out w/ a Wide Track dozer trying to go across the same ground . They couldn't walk where those Bulldogs could . & even as a Kid I lmao @ them .

Pop & his drivers always said We be there about the same time they will & will make as many loads @ the end of the day . He also told me their fuel bill was a little more cause they wanted to roll all that black coal to look big & bad .

I Seen my name sake (dads b model ) Or as I called him old dog pull a Pops buddys D7G when his Tandem Ford 9000 Lowboy tractor was in the shop . & that little s/a tractor pulled that D7G Like it wasn't back there . Old dog was gearbound around 50 mph but would pull a house down . That ole B Model now belongs to a fellow Mack man & friend of mine who farms here in the Millington Area . He has built onto his farm shed where his equipment & trucks stays just so old dog could have a place out of the weather. & wants to get it running to pull his lowboy & dozer with to his different fields . I told him it pulled a lowboy & a grain trailer many a day . Old Dog stays right next to his 68 Restored R tandem Tractor that he pulls a grain trailer with .

Old Dog was the only farm truck we had that would pull out of the bottoms loaded w/o any help. the other 2 trucks @ the time were gas burners & would stall out have way up the hill out of the bottoms . I seen that ole B Pull a 1,000 bushels of Soybeans & Wheat up the hill plus pulling a S/a Ford or Chevy bob truck w/ 425 bushels on it up the hill too .

So when these guys tell me eat my dust on the road & I know I had to go in soft ground . id tell them ill be there right behind you to pull that kw or large car of yours out . You ought to seen the looks I got ... :loldude:

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

yes I did. the one with 60,000 on an overhaul..... maybe, a very pieced together one. but now its getting done right, tryin to make a good truck outta it.

I came up from Florida and looked at that truck. He told me he rebuilt the engine and trans. It ran good when I drove it he just wouldn't come off the money enough for it to make since to get it back to Florida. Sorry to hear about what happened. I ended up buying a truck in Virginia. I got it all the way back to Florida and the trans stopped shifting the next day. Ended up replacing the trans. It happens to us all my friend. These are old trucks. They have there ups and downs.

yea, ran good for awhile after I got it, would keep up with our 06 kw with a sick 475 kitty, the trans still works good, but its commin out in spring for an 18sp and I called that antrim diesel and once I feel like spendin more money after this overhaul its gonna get turned up pretty good, guy named phillip (If I remember right) at antrim said he wants me to stick I on the dyno and well play with the pump after bigger injectors and turbo and see what numbers we can make. im excited, I just want my mack back now, still like the w9 but it sure aint my mack.

THE MILKMAN DID IT.....

I sure miss those days when my dad and I ran a matching pair of Superliners I used to always have mine polished up and looking good used to make may day when somebody gave you the thumbs up or complimented on my truck. I loved my job and was very proud of my ride then because it was different than everyone else's, and I owned it. Now I'm just a company driver and drive a piece of crap W900L with a 550 Cummins that I wish my boss had left in Texas where he bought it 2 yrs ago. It spends more time in the shop than it does working, I'm glad I don't own it ! A good E 9 would do circles around it or even a hopped up E7 and either on a lot less fuel at the end of the day. I wish a guy could find a decent job to put a truck on I'd get my old Superliner out and at least put it to work in the good weather months anyway, I have it fixed up too nice to have it out in the winter now I'd need a winter beater truck. But I can tell you one thing I would definitely rather drive a good Superliner vs a W900 KW anyday !

• Like 2

I sure miss those days when my dad and I ran a matching pair of Superliners I used to always have mine polished up and looking good used to make may day when somebody gave you the thumbs up or complimented on my truck. I loved my job and was very proud of my ride then because it was different than everyone else's, and I owned it. Now I'm just a company driver and drive a piece of crap W900L with a 550 Cummins that I wish my boss had left in Texas where he bought it 2 yrs ago. It spends more time in the shop than it does working, I'm glad I don't own it ! A good E 9 would do circles around it or even a hopped up E7 and either on a lot less fuel at the end of the day. I wish a guy could find a decent job to put a truck on I'd get my old Superliner out and at least put it to work in the good weather months anyway, I have it fixed up too nice to have it out in the winter now I'd need a winter beater truck. But I can tell you one thing I would definitely rather drive a good Superliner vs a W900 KW anyday !

My dad and I love our superliners and I know exactly what your saying about people's giving you a thumps up. I love that feeling!!! We haul water so we are hauling heavy everyday and our little ole E6 engines runs strong!!

• 2 weeks later...

so, finally got a call from the shop sayin its runnin again, took the truck there on the 27th of December and gonna go get it tomorrow, new heads, complete inframe and new exhaust manifold. $11626... that sound about right?

• Like 1

THE MILKMAN DID IT.....

$11,000 may seem like a lot but be glad you werent rebuilding an E9, last I knew of a shop doing was twice that for all reman heads and Mack parts.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Lot of money,sure hope it last you now!Frame and cab real clean?

for now?!?!?!? I hope it lasts till kindom come! its a pretty clean truck, frame needs painted and a good polishin, but once I get it tomorrow im gonna start runnin it so I can make some money ha, plus its too damn cold here to be out polishin and salt ruins my effors of keepin the w9 and tanker clean now. I put money into ,akin it look nice when I got it and now for the next while its gonna be payin bills and keepin it goin strong. maybe by summer I can play at chrome shop again.

THE MILKMAN DID IT.....