DOT war on farms reappears

41chevy

I never thought I'd say this, but thank God I live in Illinois where freedom ain't quite so restricted. That being said, look for me to be moving to Texas to enjoy even more liberty in the next year or two (as soon as I can find somebody willing to buy my house for enough to pay off my mortgage and get me to Texas). The fiance hates Illinois...ESPECIALLY the DMV. She tried transferring her license and they wouldn't let her because even though she had a dozen or so pieces of mail addressed to her, NONE of them were utilities....which they wouldn't be, because she moved into the house with me where all of the utilities have been in MY name for the past 10 or so years. Anyway, she wants to get the heck out of this state ASAP....either back to Texas or up to Montana. I'd like Montana, except it gets a little cold there in the winter...so we're thinking Texas (unless of course we win the lottery and can afford a summer home in Montana and a winter home in Texas....but that's unlikely because we rarely waste money on tickets). I can deal with heat....just don't care much for the cold.

And yeah, I've got me a GREAT gal. She wants to get married in Texas, and I think I saw somewhere that there is a 72 hour waiting period between applying for a marriage license and actually getting it....kinda like buying a pistol in Illinois. So anyway, I suggested planning the wedding around when concealed carry courses are being offered so that I can spend 1 of those 3 days completing the requirements for a Texas non-resident CWP. I can't apply for an Illinois CWP until July when they start accepting paper applications (I'm paranoid & don't put my personal info out there on the interweb....one of the biggest reasons I no longer have a hazmat endorsement)...and it would also cut the 6-month residency requirement out when we DO move to Texas since I could have that non-resident permit transferred to a resident permit once I establish residency. Anyhow, I suggested picking a date in close proximity to when a CCW course is being offered and she didn't bite my head off. Believe it or not, she actually thought it was a GOOD idea! What more could a guy ask for?

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

No horse drawn carriages, no bicycle messengers, hide tobacco from view so kids don't see it, no tanning salons and no air brush make up salons. NYC is sending out confiscation notices for weapons that hold 5 or more rounds (NY law says up to 5 is legal, NYC say it isn't).

Hey NSA I lost a photo file, Think can you send me a copy?

no horse carriages...wow thiers a big achievement....what a country....incredible...bob

I come from a family of farmers, one thing I know you do not step onto a farmers premises/land and tell them what to do, how to do it, how long to work or anything else, Period.

They did down here after Lincoln's war. These farmers could only patch farm. Yes, this government can and does anything they want and know that no one will fight them again.

mike

They did down here after Lincoln's war. These farmers could only patch farm. Yes, this government can and does anything they want and know that no one will fight them again.

mike

People are tired of the political powers enacting regulations that benefit the feds, wall street or foreign countries. The president sees the refusal of Congress to pass a law as a green light for him to empower an agency to enact regulations to put it in effect that need no approval except his. No approval on Cap and Trade? we'll enact EPA laws to by pass that . . .OPEC stated that the Keystone pipeline will hurt their economy, so now the White House Dept of Interior and EPC are ordering new "study" which will delay the decision until 2017.

When the Law of the Sea Treaty was signed and was enacted by the White House inaction, all water that flows to th ocean comes under U.N. Control with the EPA / DEC as "care takers" we ended up with a new group of quietly passed regulations : a class of "PIN POINT Polluters'' . . . Aqua Culture farms, Fish farms, Duck and Goose farms and such. On L.I. they are all being shut down under EPA/ UN law. They also have set the precedent to order you to buy a service or product set by the ACA cout ruling as "legal". The gov needs no reason except the idea to pass regulations and now that this admin follows the will of Environmentalists and Lobbyists we only need a spark to set off a revolt. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The government only has power received by consent of the governed. In other words, it doesn't matter WHAT the government TRIES to do, if we the people do not consent to the action, then it is illegitimate and unenforceable. These court decisions that "overturn" the overwhelmingly popular referendums that the people approved at the ballot is another example of government acting against the will of the people...without the consent of the governed. Obamacare would be simple to get rid of If nobody abides by it. Individuals without insurance need to refuse to pay the penalty, and plan their taxes so that they are not due a refund. Business need to ignore the "mandates" and refuse to pay the penalty. Insurance companies need to sell policies customers WANT, without regards to whether or not they are Obamacare compliant...and again, simply refuse to pay whatever fines or penalties are imposed by the illegitimate government acting without consent of the governed and against the will of the people. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen because there are far too many sheeple who are more than willing to just do as they are told even if it is harmful to their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Our founding fathers are likely spinning in their graves over what has happened to this country in the last 100 or so years.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Canada looks better every day.

don't get your hopes up..... we're heading down the same path as you guys are... our laws are slowly being changed and diluted to serve big business via their partnerships with government.... our land and our assets in crown corporations are being sold off cheap.... and we don't see too many Americans flocking up here to buy gas and groceries..!!!!

BC Mack

feel the same way Rowdy. hell even my .22 gauge Remington semi auto holds more than 5 rounds, so I guess that's illegal and the DMV in Ny is a joke also. my lattest bitch, my fiance' works for the county, has for years, I have been tryin to get on her insurance forever. they shoot me down because we don't have a LOAN together or a bank account or a credit card. they say we needs a LOAN together for me to qualify for insure to prove I live her! I have had the same address for 5 years, WITH her, and our house is paid off, sure we drive junk but we DONT need a loan together. meanwhile the people in the office next to hers are Dept of social services, people walk in night and day and get free cable, insurance, and a cell phone AND now we have a short bus driving around the fuckin county pickin up all these losers and takin them to DSS to pick up their welfare and free cell phone. AND the DSS nd DMV are side by side, cant find a spot to run in on your lunch to the DmV for anything cause all theses dirtbags are takin up the parking spaces.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The government only has power received by consent of the governed. In other words, it doesn't matter WHAT the government TRIES to do, if we the people do not consent to the action, then it is illegitimate and unenforceable. These court decisions that "overturn" the overwhelmingly popular referendums that the people approved at the ballot is another example of government acting against the will of the people...without the consent of the governed. Obamacare would be simple to get rid of If nobody abides by it. Individuals without insurance need to refuse to pay the penalty, and plan their taxes so that they are not due a refund. Business need to ignore the "mandates" and refuse to pay the penalty. Insurance companies need to sell policies customers WANT, without regards to whether or not they are Obamacare compliant...and again, simply refuse to pay whatever fines or penalties are imposed by the illegitimate government acting without consent of the governed and against the will of the people. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen because there are far too many sheeple who are more than willing to just do as they are told even if it is harmful to their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Our founding fathers are likely spinning in their graves over what has happened to this country in the last 100 or so years.

Things are now made into law by agencies given to power to enact regulations with any consent of the Congress or the people. The courts are stacked full of judges that favor the government and corporation. Heads of agencies like the EPA, DEC and Dept of the Interior have been appointed not for the experience and knowledge, but their views that agree with the president and the Greenies.

They thought of that scenario, the ACA gives the feds the power to do "live time transfers'' from your accounts including IRA's, SS and Life insurances and levy "cash advances'' on you credit cards to pay the "fee". Got to pass it to see whats in it....

Maddog, under Cumo's law my Rossi .357 lever action is classed as an assault rifle, but my Calico M100 is not. Go figure that.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here,s some nonsense for you,

global gap requires me to inventory my spray shed 4 times a year wtf does that do for anyone?

I must keep written equipment maintance records, how does this keep food safe?

I have to keep records of people who visit my orchard, and must school them on what to do and not do in the orchard..

I,m not even suppose to let them take "raw" fruit from the orchard.

Becoming? We got there LONG time ago. I think part of the problem is that too many people have never truly suffered. They've had it good their entire life, so they have to manufacture crisis in order to have something to overcome giving themselves a sense of accomplishment. I mean my grandparents dealt with the great depression & WWII. What REAL threats have we faced as a nation since then? Nowadays it is the end of the world if you don't have the newest smart phone...oh the horror!

• Like 2

We have from the mid to late 70's raised a country of candy asses and pretty boys. Schools actually single out kids who want to work with their hands to use them as an example of what NOT to do.Kids graduate College reading on a 3rd grade level and can not do simple math with out a calculator. History? no knowledge of American history no less world history. . . and the schools think that's okay. Schools have been grooming and dumbing down, for years generations of "entitled easily led kids". Entitled to anything they want. . .the "Fairy Government Mother'' will see that they get it.

Like Obammama said "there are employees working for Mac Donalds and Walmart the make minimum wage and have college degrees. They are entitled to more.'' (Only if they are graduates of Burger U)

When Home Depot was sued for unfair hiring practices, lost the suit and was fined by the Dept of Labor. The charges... requiring applicants to do 4 basic math problems.

Adults and kids live through video games and reality shows. Aside from a few throw backs like Vinny and Ben, we are probably the end of the American work force. Soon after we're gone, the only thing in this country that will work will be the illegals.

P.T.CHESHIRE

WERE THERE I cant find a skilled work force to harvest crops so I use seasonal labor from mexico or us-mex. workers our min. wage is 9.50 per/hr. our pickers work on piece rate they will make around 100.00 a day for 6 hr. worth of work and I pay for their housing and fuel that's 16.00/ hr. then if they want to work more I'll let them thin apples for another 4 hr. so they make 140.00 a day for the two and a half weeks I need them so in 18 days that's 2500.00 now why do we pay unemployment benefits to the young outta work spoiled bastards if they would get off their asses and learn a simple trade they could make over 4,000.00 a month and get to travel too !!!!!!!!!!!!

you know what pisses me off is this fuckin bullshit minimum wage crap, half these fuckin losers are makin minimum wage for a reason! whens the last time you had someone actually could our damn change back to you?? if they raise the minimum wage, the blue collar wage should go up just as much in my opinion. someone started out makin 15 bucks and hour and someone started out at 5.15 for a reason!!

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Seems people forget that fast food jobs and a lot of other jobs like that were starter jobs to get money for dating or pocket / gas money while you got work experience for a real job or went to school. Now the people thing they are careers.

I had a 20 something ''laborer'' whom I fired. He applied for unemployment and I stated on the paper work they sent me why. I fired him because he spent 7 of the 8 hours either texting or talking on the phone. The other hour was split between either being late coming in, leaving early or taking executive lunches. I got read the riot act because I denied him his God given right to collect unemployment. So said his mommy!

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE

I really don't understand this. What's the difference if someone drives a triaxle on-site for a dirt job (never touching the road) or someone driving a tractor? I don't see how it can possibly be regulated like that. DOT insurance? So, if my tractor slides down the hill and takes out my fence, I have to pay for the damage to the tractor and fence along with the insurance? This is totally screwed up. Just another government SNAFU coming down on the farms. Washington needs cleaned out. And for the NSA "operative" (don't want to be politically incorrect and offend someone, now) who is "monitoring" this forum, or "monitoring" my every move, I hope you choke.

Canada looks better every day.

I agree on the Canada.If I was 10yrs younger I would be gone tomorrow.Or go back to Sweden.I am 63.

Your missing big picture on the minimum wage debate. The Democrats couldn't care less about what the bottom feeders are making other than buying a few votes. What they do care about are the unions. Many union contracts are indexed to the minimum wage. For example a starting wage under a contract may be 3X the minimum wage. So a $3 increase for the fast food grunt is a $9 increase for the union trainee and even more for higher levels under existing contracts. And there's nothing the employer can do about it. And guess who the unions are going to endorse?

Put the Unions wage index right of of my mind, but your 100% right.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Seems people forget that fast food jobs and a lot of other jobs like that were starter jobs to get money for dating or pocket / gas money while you got work experience for a real job or went to school. Now the people thing they are careers.

That's exactly right. I made $2.75 an hour at my first real job, worked 46 hours a week and brought home $102.91. I figured you had to earn a raise, which I did, to $2.90 an hour, but the hours went to 40 a week, then I brought home $97.66. Worked there 2 1/2 years, then I took a welding job making $5.00 an hour for a couple years, then I started driving a truck in 1979 and have made about $1.83 an hour ever since.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I saw something the other day where the federal reserve bank of chicago had estimated that the average household spends $3000 per year more with a $1/hour bump in the minimum wage...and they say that is a GOOD thing. After all, look at how much more buying power they have! What they seem to have forgotten, though, is that PRICES were increased to pay employees more for the same level of productivity. In other words, that $3000 of increased spending is LUCKY if it buys the same amount of stuff. No increase in buying power at all...dollars just don't go as far as they used to due to increased costs of production.

That's the same group that said unemployment payments puts $1.64 back into the economy for every dollar paid out? Ain't Bamanomics easy?

P.T.CHESHIRE

no I think that's the new tax schedule for each dollar earned. Obama wants 1.64 in taxes to go towards financial balance to narrow the "gap"

The scary thing is, that thinking would not surprise me at all, like N.Y.States traffic fine for being innocent. :blush:

P.T.CHESHIRE