pics of week northern ontario

bobo

. Nice pics I don't think they sale Mack's in Canada anymore.

very few Macks up there now, Uptown Motors used to be a Mack/Kenworth dealer, but Kw only now. you dont even see many Macks on the Hwy in northern ontairo any more. there were many R's and Rw's logging in the camps. The big paper mill in town owned then by Kimberly-Clark was the sole news print supplier from 1926 to 1991 for the New York Times. Tembec own the mill now they make paper and press board. bobo

I worked for a printing company here in Nashville from 1973 to 1989 and we bought paper from Canada. Most of the trucks were Schneider that brought the paper to us. I cannot think of the other company. The owner was from near me in Hendersonville, Tn. was told that he passed away about four years ago.

Oh....just wondering Bobo....what was the farm tractor pulling in your photo?

mike

Nice pics Bobo. I got a friend that's spending New Years in Thunder Bay he delivering a load of steel up there for Tuesday. He runs up there most weeks. He said that dry cold up there burns your sinuses and chaps your lips easy if you're out for any length of time. I notice that any time I go up north you don't see too many Mack's working, I've seen a few parked on yards. You see mostly Pete's and KWs in the north anymore.

I worked for a printing company here in Nashville from 1973 to 1989 and we bought paper from Canada. Most of the trucks were Schneider that brought the paper to us. I cannot think of the other company. The owner was from near me in Hendersonville, Tn. was told that he passed away about four years ago.

Oh....just wondering Bobo....what was the farm tractor pulling in your photo?

mike

its a snow groomer for the snowmobile club trails

post-2423-0-15207500-1388560691_thumb.jp

I was passing by in Kapuskasing friday at about 7-8pm. It was snowing. I was heading to Saskatoon delivering a Kw I sold. It got so damn f***ing cold up there. I did not enjoyed my ride. Sorry for cheating on you guys with a Kw..

Selling the KW is your "first step" in recovery.. :whistling:

Hope I don't sound like a dumbass,but I have always wondered what the lettering across the bumper means,i assume its "overdimensional"? like the black and yellow "OVERSIZE" here in the states?..............just curious!..................Mark

post-5836-0-15058600-1388711733.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.