Seriously?

RowdyRebel

I vowed not to leave the house today after I remembered last year, Im not driving thru town unless I have to.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

The downfall of a nation starts when the children are less educated than their parents. How many kids do you see today that do not want to study or learn? The younger generation is the "give me" group...give me this, give me that. And yes it started with my generation, the Y-generation.

Kudos to Vinny and other young people who take time to listen to us "old farts" and try to do what is right for the country and mankind.

Sorry for the diversion...there should be no commercial stores open on Holidays....but there should be some basic services available...hospitals, gas stations, drug stores, convenience stores, and fast food establishments. I too remember when the only thing open on Sunday or a Holiday was a drug store and they opened at noon or later. No gas stations were open so you needed to "plan" and fill-up the day before. Holidays are meant to celebrate the "reason" and spend time with family.

In a few years I foresee "business as usual" on Thanksgiving and even Christmas.

Every generation has had people that feel they are entitled to everything they want, it seems that every generation get more and more of the "Gimmies" . What has mad it worse is we now have the Government tell people you have a "right" to free phones,health care, food, housing, college education and a income. Remember what Nancy Pelosi said about Health Care, Food Stamps, Section 8 and extended unemployment: . . . "Think of an economy where people have a god given right be an artist or a photographer or, eh just sit home and dream without worrying about keeping their day job in order to pay for the things they need to live a good life".

Of course she also said this.

Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

When I was a kid,Jersey had "blue laws" that meant you could not buy certain things in a department store on Sunday,the store was open,but some merchandise was covered up or roped off. Some counties would not allow truck deliveries on Sunday either. I remember being in Two-Guys (department store) with my Mom as a kid,and you could not buy reels of pictures for a View-Master! why I don't know! (please note,some guys may have to "Google" View-Master Lol!)......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

You wanna run for president? id vote for you

Can I punish Washington DC my way?? :whistling: :whistling:

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I remember that my uncle Tab, did not farm or run any machinery on Sundays or holidays. We would sit around and talk,eat,play cards. It was out of respect for God & Country.

mike

We did not do any "farm work" other than feed the animals. No running machinery or even mowing the lawn. We went to church on Sunday morning, home for a big lunch, then either "entertain" family or go to a relative's home. To this day, my mother gets "upset" if I do any work on Sunday.

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

We did not do any "farm work" other than feed the animals. No running machinery or even mowing the lawn. We went to church on Sunday morning, home for a big lunch, then either "entertain" family or go to a relative's home. To this day, my mother gets "upset" if I do any work on Sunday.

The only time I remember working on Sunday was one time we had to get some hay bales out of the field- all square bales then. I don't remember if it rained Saturday and we couldn't bale it, or we just didn't finish that field. They were calling for rain on Monday and if it layed in the field another day we would have lost it. I do remember my grandfather saying "it says in The Bible if the ox is in the mire on the Sabbath, get him out".

I always hated having to leave on Sundays, but have to do it a lot.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I haven't seen any thing "go" except our way of life,respect,diginity and our morals

There are still bright spots of hope in kids like Vinny and 2stacksuperdog.

I for one may lose my way of life, but will never lose my respect for the people who earn it or my country and my own self respect. My dignity will not go either.I may end up in rags on the street in my old age but I will still have dignity and pride in my life. Moral people out number the immoral people...only the media won't show it, make those in power look bad you know.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE