Snow Removal stuff

BKrois

Whoa Matt-that is one heavy 550-between that big plow, and the sander this thing has to be at the max. Be interesting to see how they hold up-in particular the trans.

It looks to me they buy a couple every year, Last year they totaled two singled axle trucks with the sneakers in the air. Its funny you go to these yards and the public work Director comes to truck with list of questions hews doing what and where Middelbury ct is rebuilding 4 10 wheelers frames tronion springs on their classic 80 vintage Litchfield ct build off cab chassis in there shop,

• Like 1

Ed

I've been replacing outer frame rails from the transmission area back and rebuilding cabs and bodies on the 1900 & 4900 cornbindersfor a few years in Trumbull ct . the computer and electrical systems on the new trucks are killing us. Thank god most are warrantee right now.

I've been replacing outer frame rails from the transmission area back and rebuilding cabs and bodies on the 1900 & 4900 cornbindersfor a few years in Trumbull ct . the computer and electrical systems on the new trucks are killing us. Thank god most are warrantee right now.

Hmnn- I thought multi-plex was best thing since canned beer :)

Ok snow removal guru's, I got a couple for ya! How do you charge for cleaning up commercial parking lots like auto parts stores and fast food restaurants? What are the pros/con's to steel vs composite cutting edges and does anyone have a Gator 825i with a plow and how well does it work?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow- 300 acres = 13,050,000 sq ft. Assuming you have a 12' pusher on that Hyundai, 13,050,000/12=1,087,500 lineal ft or 205 miles of "lane". What is your secret? Typo in the 300? or is it a tank farm of 300 acres and you do the road network in that farm?

I neglected to mention that a lot of that lot is filled with oil field equipment and trucks and trailers. Its not a fully wide open 300 acres. Sometimes there are even trucks parked in the middle of the lot. Yes that Hyundai struggles pushing the heavy snow as far as i have to push it at times. It is not an easy lot to plow but after 4 years of plowing it I have figured out tricks.

Tony

• 3 months later...

My old 96 F350 that went to RI got "winterized" and is now for sale

attachicon.gif00f0f_iIwPgfoXZiO_600x450.jpg

attachicon.gif00E0E_aJRCRtdwPIP_600x450.jpg

first thanks for the photo link lots of super stuff there/ now a dumb question about the 350 does that side wing have some kind of breakaway device to keep it from really throwing the truck sideways if you find something immovable hidden in a snow bank?

My "snow blower"- looks just like my leaf blower.

post-1374-0-86892600-1455545298_thumb.jp

Didn't do a bad job though, beats my old square point shovel.

post-1374-0-95994200-1455545453_thumb.jp

I blew the pickup off at first, it's still snowing and it looks like a little sleet mixed in it now so I won't be able to blow the sleet away, but that little bit should make it easier to get out. The highway hasn't been touched of course. And I was going to drive the blue truck home, but I decided at the last minute to drive the blue one because I had planned to leave last night.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...